Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Got rid of my Mag Ride Shocks!

C Gilliam

I replaced shock with the Bilstein shocks, and added the simulators two per wheel,but.still have the 80 mph and service ride control . Still will not go over 80mph
Any suggestions?

Hey C Gilliam,
The first thing that I would check is to make sure all of your simulators are plugged in correctly. Any one of the eight simulators not making complete contact will cause your issue. In my car I didn't use the ride height simulators, only the shock simulators and I have not had any problems. I see no reason to unplug your ride height modules, unless you lowered your car. If you reconnect your ride height modules, that will reduce your potential problem by 50%. I'm no expert, I can only tell you what has worked in my car.

Also, don't forget to add a rear sway bar. What a difference that makes. I used a 1" one, for a 2005-2009, Z51 Corvette. Good luck!

See Ya!
Randy

I looked into this for my 07 V but the simulators will not work for it. Connectors are different.

fireduck, did you try them or was just told they are not the same. Some people unplug the rear at the wrong place t oput them on . There are two conenctors on the rear. I put the shocks on a friends here in town and he added the sims and they worked fine

there is a wire on the shock that is about 18 inches I believe on the rear. It plugs into another plug that the sims I used plugged into

BPDATE FOR EVERYONE THE PROCEEDURE OUTLINED FOR INSTALLING bilstiens and Casper simulators to get rid of the mag ride shocks works part number by part number THE SAME for a XLR-V and the car rides and handles like a dream after the Mag junk is gone.

BPDATE FOR EVERYONE THE PROCEEDURE OUTLINED FOR INSTALLING bilstiens and Casper simulators to get rid of the mag ride shocks works part number by part number THE SAME for a XLR-V and the car rides and handles like a dream after the Mag junk is gone.

I’m considering this switch over too, as I have already replaced all 4 corners once and last year I was notified by the dealer all 4 are now leaking already [emoji849][emoji20]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HI 05 GRAND DADDY.

Have you verified the warranty, if they are ACDELCO i believe that they are warranty for the life of the car.

Good luck.

IAN

HI 05 GRAND DADDY.

Have you verified the warranty, if they are ACDELCO i believe that they are warranty for the life of the car.

Good luck.

IAN

Interesting I need to check that out! TY!
That makes me wonder then, if the first time I changed them then if they too were maybe also then [emoji849]

. Most Gm parts have 90 days - one year max. You can check. if they are dealer installed and "certified" they may have a limited life time warranty. Never hurts to try

Last edited:
. Most Gm parts have 90 days - one year max. You can check. if they are dealer installed and "certified" they may have a limited life time warranty. Never hurts to try

Yes they were dealer installed, just at 2 different dealers and front been on longer than rear ones! But thanks again.. I’ll check it out and let ya know!

For your information.

ACDELCO warranty for ist parts, before and after April first 2018, is that a foke from the GM supplier.
See Rockauto fot the warranty also ACDELCO.pngthey confirmed Limited lifetime warranty for xlr S/A.

I have try paste the ACDELCO warranty but their file is to big.

IAN.

I think you will find if bought online they have a 6 month to one year warranty on them with a long list of does and don't. Mostly don't install anything yourself or the warranty is gone. If bought over the counter at a GM dealer many items have a year. Only way according to Ac delco customer service for a limited lifetime warranty is to have them bought and installed at "specific" dealers. Still worth checking in your case. They also note labor is not included so that's why most dealers would not work with someone. If they get a replacement part they are going to want to charge you to install and then you will be upset with them. Better for them to "overlook" any mention of warranty. Ever read some of these limited warranties? hahahaha Once you basicly drive it ,warranty expires. Not quite that bad but most have dealt with warranty issues before in life

I did write letter to AC/Delco about this specific item and am waiting on a written replay. They most likely wont reply as then you have it in writing.

this would be good to find out as the warranty is not transferable for parts but if you plan to keep the car some time, it may sway the cost over in favor of replacing them. just noticed MOOG is making shocks now for the srx I believe so they may make something but I doubt it.

garantie AC DELCO.jpgHI LTS.

ACDelco is a parts supplier for the after market parts sellers and for the GM dealers, their warranty is for the parts only as they do not service cars.
If the an ACDelco parts is purchased at a dealer, the warranty for the parts should fairly been respected as per ACDelco warranty policy, however the installation is not their business.
ACDelco is a GM supplier and they should work together with their dealers, if not, it makes no sens if there is no cooperation betwen them…..same GM network.
I have made a copy of their different type of warranty on the previous post…..I found it at Rockauto site, i knew the limited lifetime warranty was available for the XLR S/A as i purchased somes in the past.

IAN

Hi LTS.

Line 3 means…... normal wear on wiper blades, tires, brake pads, bulbs etc....

Anormal wear out is as such……. leaking S/A after a short period of time, that should normally be covered by the seller or the GM dealer who has done the repairs.

If the S/A was purchased from a parts seller and then installed by a GM dealer or a repair shop it is obvious that the labor could be a problem to solve betwen the customer and its dealer or the repair shop.
The customer then will have to go and see its seller for the warranty of the parts.

It is like having cook its own T bone steak by its best restaurant on a Saturday night, the relation must be excellent or no restaurant would do that.
The Life time warranty is a game to promote sales, we all agreed, but when it is written black on white, that it is a commitment even if the policy was written on first of April, ( fool day ) by ACDELCO and GM.

IAN.

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back