Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Got rid of my Mag Ride Shocks!

Randy, good day I just purchased a 2006 and is going to need shocks all the way around I just wanted to confirm that those Bill Steen shocks with the Casper simulators worked for you. Also did you order your Bill Steen shocks direct from the manufacturer, thank you for your time please advise, return email or text 1-306-961-1311

Randy, good day I just purchased a 2006 and is going to need shocks all the way around I just wanted to confirm that those Bill Steen shocks with the Casper simulators worked for you. Also did you order your Bill Steen shocks direct from the manufacturer, thank you for your time please advise, return email or text 1-306-961-1311 Jerry

Randy, good day I just purchased a 2006 and is going to need shocks all the way around I just wanted to confirm that those Bill Steen shocks with the Casper simulators worked for you. Also did you order your Bill Steen shocks direct from the manufacturer, thank you for your time please advise, return email or text 1-306-961-1311

Randy, good day I just purchased a 2006 and is going to need shocks all the way around I just wanted to confirm that those Bill Steen shocks with the Casper simulators worked for you. Also did you order your Bill Steen shocks direct from the manufacturer, thank you for your time please advise, return email or text 1-306-961-1311 Jerry

Hi Jerry
This is Dan I have 05 base not V so you would want check that this fits your 06. You want to check the spring adjuster ( Lowering Bolts also mine where shot
I just switched out all 4 shocks, and all 4 spring adjuster (lowering bolt) For our 2005 XLR here the information
Bilstein Shocks
Front - B8-24-029773
Rear - B8-24-029780
I found the best price with RockAuto.com
RockAuto

Simulators (Trick the computer to think the mag shocks are still installed) Part # 109096
I purchased from JEGS If your a new customer you can get 20% off
They will still come from Casper Electronics
JEGS High Performance Parts | Aftermarket Auto Parts & Accessories

If you need to switch out the Spring Adjusters (All 4 Lowering Bolts) this is part # 624104 Use C6 Corvette Bolt Set of 4 for the 05 XLR

Southern Car Parts
Corvette Parts & Accessories for C5, C6, C7, Z06, ZR1 | Southern Car Parts

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Which spring adjuster bolts should I use when I don't want to lower the car?
I want to stay at this riding hide and can't finde the correct part number or aftermarket...

Thanks,
Sammy

Which spring adjuster bolts should I use when I don't want to lower the car?
I want to stay at this riding hide and can't finde the correct part number or aftermarket...

Thanks,
Sammy

Hi Sammy
Use the the same Lowering bolts they have threads to adjust to the height. When they did my bolts and shocks they did a 4 Wheel Alignment and adjusted them to factory specifications. If you plan to do them yourself, you can measure the thread distance and adjust them to that same distance and will be the same as it is now

Thanks a lot, sounds good to me.
Does anyone know the original GM part no?
Curious: When I searched for these at GMPARTSGIANT etc. I couldn't even see them in the diagrams...

Fireduck is correct, that’s what they told me also, at the dealership when I had the wrong size thread on the bolts and they tried to order just bolts from GM. They would of had to order the whole leaf spring assembly at like $400 and some dollars each for front and back! I believe from Southern Parts the bolts where less then $40 total all 4 shipping included.

The Spring Adjusters (All 4 Lowering Bolts) this is part # 624104 Use C6 Corvette Bolt Set of 4 for the 05 XLR
I believe I remember you had a different year XLR you can call and check on which bolts bare the correct one to your year.

Southern Car Parts
Corvette Parts & Accessories for C5, C6, C7, Z06, ZR1 | Southern Car Parts

Thanks.
I just contacted Southern Car Parts if these fit my 04 XLR and if I can keep original riding height with these.

Hello, I read your article on the XLR shock absorbers, I find it very interesting and I would like to know if you can help me because I have the same problem as you, I would need the part numbers for each Shock absorbers and simulators that you used, my XLR is a 2004. here is my email if needed. fortnightclaude@yahoo.ca thank you

$1436.58, delivered, stock GM authentic shocks with lifetime guarantee through RockAuto. Always seek out/use an available 5% discount when ordering through them (PM me if you need one; I buy so much stuff from them I always have one available).

I've been a fan-boy of the Mag-Ride system since it debuted on Corvettes, and installing shocks is easy.

John B.

Hi John,

of course you can go original - but first: Rockauto sells ACDelco, not direct GM
and in this case they are not the same.

Maybe as you read before: The Mag Shocks are really noisy, even when almost new and after 3-4 years the whole procedure has to be done again.
Especially in cars not used as daily drivers the lifetime is extremely short.

Sammy

$1436.58, delivered, stock GM authentic shocks with lifetime guarantee through RockAuto. Always seek out/use an available 5% discount when ordering through them (PM me if you need one; I buy so much stuff from them I always have one available).

I've been a fan-boy of the Mag-Ride system since it debuted on Corvettes, and installing shocks is easy.

John B.

Hello, I read your article on the XLR shock absorbers, I find it very interesting and I would like to know if you can help me because I have the same problem as you, I would need the part numbers for each Shock absorbers and simulators that you used, my XLR is a 2004. here is my email if needed. fortnightclaude@yahoo.ca thank you

You can find B6 and B8 Bilstein very easily via Rockauto or Amazon.

AC Delco is the inventor of the Mag-ride shocks GM direct is not.

I bought a set of z06 non mag shock take offs with 6000 miles off ebay fora customer and I think I got them for 400 shipped. plus simulators at 200 Sold two good rear mag shocks off the car and total out of pocket to him was ZERO$$. Hes an old fart and did not think he would like them but says it feels just like it did when it was brand new.

I was fairly confident that the AC Delco shocks purchased through Rock Auto were the exact same shocks that the dealer would sell you.

Been wrong, many, many times, however.

John B.

Correct, but not always.
For example changed the struts on my 98 DeVille - ACDelco didn't fit perfectly, bought GM parts
at a GM warehouse and … voila, a real difference.
Costs were 3 times higher.

It's not always the same.

AC Delco is the supplier to GM for many, many parts.

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom