Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

tail pipes

monepit

Seasoned Member
My XLR/V(s)
2004 black raven
I was looking at the X yesterday and noticed the tail pipes are arranged just like the vette's. I've always thought the stainless piece between the pipes you can buy for the vette really dresses it up alot. Does anybody have or make one for the XLR?

I was looking at the X yesterday and noticed the tail pipes are arranged just like the vette's. I've always thought the stainless piece between the pipes you can buy for the vette really dresses it up alot. Does anybody have or make one for the XLR?

I have looked everywhere for one of them. I am also interested should someone know where they have that after market item.:dunno:

Speedway

Fred

SOUNDS LIKW A PROJECT FOR JCP MAYBE ONE FOR THE STOCK SYSTEM AND ONE FOR THE CORSA...

Do you mean like this??????????????

ExhaustPlate1-1.jpg

This is a plain Corvette one with a caddy badge that I put on my 04 after I mistakenly put these tips on it, which covered up most of the exhaust plate. Buuuuuuuuuuuuuuut

VExhaustPlate3.jpg

This I had made from stainless for my V which is a lot shorter in between the tips.
I took a piece of cardboard and cut it out so it would slip very nicely on top of the tips and then drop down into a slot in the back of the tips. Took the carboard to a metal guy who made it for me and polished it up. $225 with out the V badge.
Didn't even have to tack it. I can reach in and take it out, clean it up and put it back.
I'm surprised no one told you Standby had the only one. Sorry I can't get a better view, but if I get to low the camera light goes off and glares the exhaust plate. I didn't know I could turn the flash off.:dunno:

I have looked everywhere for one of them. I am also interested should someone know where they have that after market item.:dunno:

Speedway

Fred

Well...the cats almost out of the bag but yes...as D.J. has put it, I am working on something very impressive for the rear end that will certainly take the XLR to the extreme. 5 months in the working and almost done. Hopefully a few more days then I can post pictures of the prototype. Keep you guys posted!

HOPE YOU ARE MAKING THEM IN MASS..THERE MIGHT BE A LINE OF XLR PEOPLE AT YOUR DOOR !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well...the cats almost out of the bag but yes...as D.J. has put it, I am working on something very impressive for the rear end that will certainly take the XLR to the extreme. 5 months in the working and almost done. Hopefully a few more days then I can post pictures of the prototype. Keep you guys posted!

Well.....we're waiting....:banghead:

lol. Sorry folks, I’m a bit of a perfectionist and I keep changing a few things on the design. Should be a few more weeks or so. Sorry for the delay....but it will be worth it!

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom