Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Trouble Code P0449 Vent Valve/Solenoid Circuit Malfunction

Perdidoguy

My XLR/V(s)
2007 Black XLR
My XLR has been throwing this code for a year. I have looked but can't find where the Vent Valve/Solenoid is located. I have looked everywhere but where it actually is. I searched the forums for P0449 but got no hits. Am I the only one who has had this problem???

It’s under the rear passenger side behind the fuel tank, just above the exhaust pipes.Kind of in the way of reaching the fuel tank crossover tube. I think they can be found online for about $28 and are pretty easy to replace.

Found and Replaced

Thanks Fireduck!!!!! Removed it and tested coil and found it to be open circuited. Applied 12VDC to it and nothing happened. New one on the way. If you are ever in Perdido, FL area I will treat you to a Bushwacker at the Florabama.

Hello, we have a 2009 XLR-V with this same error code. Can y'all provide any more specific information in regard to the location of this module and how to access it? I cannot find anything online other than this thread. Thank you for your help.

Hello, we have a 2009 XLR-V with this same error code. Can y'all provide any more specific information in regard to the location of this module and how to access it? I cannot find anything online other than this thread. Thank you for your help.
It’s a purge valve for the fuel system. They tend to go bad if you drive on dirt roads. The valve is about 4” square black and is mounted on the inside frame rail in front of the transmission, behind the fuel tank, above the exhaust pipes. You probably have to loosed up the exhaust mounts to be able to push them aside a bit to access it.it has one electrical connector, a vacuum line and is clipped onto a mount on the frame rail.

It’s a purge valve for the fuel system. They tend to go bad if you drive on dirt roads. The valve is about 4” square black and is mounted on the inside frame rail in front of the transmission, behind the fuel tank, above the exhaust pipes. You probably have to loosed up the exhaust mounts to be able to push them aside a bit to access it.it has one electrical connector, a vacuum line and is clipped onto a mount on the frame rail.

Vapor Canister Purge Solenoid - GM (12581282) about $27​

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back