Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Help! Ambient Temperature Sensor Malfunctioning Only When Top Down

siteng

My XLR/V(s)
2006 Black Raven XLR-V
This is a weird quirk with my 06 XLR-V but I wanted to know if anyone else had the same issue. When I put the top down, the ambient air temperature sensor goes berserk and displays a negative air temp. If I put it up, the temperature returns to normal after 15-20 min of driving. The temperature is accurate throughout long drives with the top up.

As I'm sure people know, the AC won't function if the ambient air is cold, so this is an issue if I need to put the top up mid-drive (e.g. it rains).

I had the sensor replaced but the new one still provides incorrect readings with the top down. Has anyone else experienced this before?

Thanks!

Attachments

• C6E95418-38A6-4EDB-852D-A291E7953517.jpeg
    C6E95418-38A6-4EDB-852D-A291E7953517.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 113
This is a weird quirk with my 06 XLR-V but I wanted to know if anyone else had the same issue. When I put the top down, the ambient air temperature sensor goes berserk and displays a negative air temp. If I put it up, the temperature returns to normal after 15-20 min of driving. The temperature is accurate throughout long drives with the top up.

As I'm sure people know, the AC won't function if the ambient air is cold, so this is an issue if I need to put the top up mid-drive (e.g. it rains).

I had the sensor replaced but the new one still provides incorrect readings with the top down. Has anyone else experienced this before?

Thanks!

I have an 09 and the thing that scares me about XLR's is the electric system. I can't comment on your situation but mine turns the radio off when opening/closing top and the speakers cut in/out when moving the seat. I probably could fix the seat issue(stripped wire) but the seat air bag causes me to rethink messing with it. Don't let the battery go dead because that opens a can of worms. Love my XLR- just saying. Mark

New does not mean it could still be bad. Did you replace the one outside under the bumper or the one inside? I sort of think there are two. It could also be the temp display unit is ready to go.

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom