Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

04 cam cover gaskets

monepit

Seasoned Member
My XLR/V(s)
2004 black raven
I'm having some oil leaks fixed by a local corvette mechanic I've used for years. My 04 is seeping from the can covers. He can't find gaskets for them and when he called the local dealer they couldn't find anything either. I can't imagine. Does anyone know what parts to use to stop the cam covers from leaking and what the gm part numbers are?

Dave, I had some serious leaks a couple of years ago coming from bad Cam Phaser Sensors at front top of engine. Bruce discovered it for me. This was discovered about 2 weeks before my extended warranty ran out. They replaced valve cover gaskets, oil pan gasket,front and rear seal gaskets. All I had to pay was my $200 deductible. The Cam Phasers were leaking and the oil was running down thru the wire wraps which made it appear to be from the bottom of engine.
Hope this helps.
Marc/Tiffany's Dad

cover gasket

I'm having some oil leaks fixed by a local corvette mechanic I've used for years. My 04 is seeping from the can covers. He can't find gaskets for them and when he called the local dealer they couldn't find anything either. I can't imagine. Does anyone know what parts to use to stop the cam covers from leaking and what the gm part numbers are?

Log on to Genuine GM Parts open an account & you can order about anything you want. Just checked & gaskets are listed. I use them for all XLR parts.

Dave,

Per gmpartsdirect.com

ENGINE/CAMSHAFT & TIMING/CAMSHAFT & TIMING/FRONT COVER GASKET

Part # 12593627 Online Price $17.87

Log on to Genuine GM Parts open an account & you can order about anything you want. Just checked & gaskets are listed. I use them for all XLR parts.
I looked and I couldn't fine them. I typed in cam cover gaskets. What did you type I to find them?

The main leak is the valve cover gasket. The cam covers are just seeping. Just thought I would have them fixed while he's there.

Dave,

i gave you the part number, you you need me to come down and put them in too?

I looked and I couldn't fine them. I typed in cam cover gaskets. What did you type I to find them?

Dave,

i gave you the part number, you you need me to come down and put them in too?
I typed in that number and it comes up with an engine front cover gasket for $18.55. I think that would be the timing cover gasket. I need the 4 cam covers on the 2 heads.

Valve cover cover gaskets as listed below.

right 12576394. $16.46
left. 12576395. $16.87

I just saw that cubby. Thanks.

Sounds like you are talking about the camshaft position sensors. Don't know if there is a gasket. The camshaft position sensors are part # 12569160 @ $33.02 there may be more than one part number as one is intake and the other exhaust.

I typed in that number and it comes up with an engine front cover gasket for $18.55. I think that would be the timing cover gasket. I need the 4 cam covers on the 2 heads.

GASKET

LOG INTO GENUINE GM PARTS. SCROLL DOWN TO CATALOG, SCROLL DOWN TO MAKE YEAR & MODEL. CLICK ON ENGINE, KEY WORD VALVE COVE GASKET. R PART# 12576394 $ 17.10, LEFT $ 17.52.
DAVE

I understand the misunderstanding now. What I need are on the front of the engine. Where the cams slide into the front of the engine there is 4 metal covers that cover the holes where the cams slide into the engine.

gasket

I understand the misunderstanding now. What I need are on the front of the engine. Where the cams slide into the front of the engine there is 4 metal covers that cover the holes where the cams slide into the engine.

Did you go to genuine Gm parts? Should find what you are looking for.

Hi Dave,
I'm curious what the Corvette mechanic quoted you for the repair cost?
I have a similar leak, and the Cadillac dealer wanted $2k.....ouch!
-Mark

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom