Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

05 exhaust question

Duane

My XLR/V(s)
2005 black raven
Can u make a XLR sound like a XLR -V ? If so what do I need to do to the exhaust system, mine is a 2005. Thank you

Corsa Exhaust

My wife (XLRATING) XLR (Beauty) has Corsa Exhaust which is a touch louder than my XLR-V. It is awsome sounding when you "get on it". :lol:

Corsa Performance Exhaust - Search Products

Try the link and see if it works. Summit Racing sells Corsa Exhaust and sometimes they have free shipping which saves a lot of $$$$$$.

Mike

My wife (XLRATING) XLR (Beauty) has Corsa Exhaust which is a touch louder than my XLR-V. It is awsome sounding when you "get on it". :lol:

Corsa Performance Exhaust - Search Products

Try the link and see if it works. Summit Racing sells Corsa Exhaust and sometimes they have free shipping which saves a lot of $$$$$$.

Mike

I added the Corsa to my '05 and it is AWESOME!! Great sound - no drone on highways. I liked it so much, I added a Corsa exhaust to my '07 SRX (w/ V8). :cool:

You won't regret getting a Corsa exhaust. Some members have had luck finding a V exhaust and adding it to their base with success too (I believe that is a less expensive alternative, but effective as well - still sounds nice). :wave:

My 05 Roxy had it on when I bought her! Love the crack when you get on it! You can just hear the HP coming out of the exhaust pipes and they look awesome too!!!

don't want to hijack this thread, but the question is related.

I want to add the Corsa to my 04 as one of the first upgrades. I just got it back from the dealership after getting a bunch of repairs, and he mentioned that he thought it looked like I already had an after-market exhaust on the XLR? As I don't know the previous history, I thought I would ask the collective for some feedback. Is this the stock exhaust of after-market?

IMG_1047_zps170fa808.jpg

Based on all the research I've done here I think its the stock exhaust, thoughts?

don't want to hijack this thread, but the question is related.

I want to add the Corsa to my 04 as one of the first upgrades. I just got it back from the dealership after getting a bunch of repairs, and he mentioned that he thought it looked like I already had an after-market exhaust on the XLR? As I don't know the previous history, I thought I would ask the collective for some feedback. Is this the stock exhaust of after-market?

IMG_1047_zps170fa808.jpg

Based on all the research I've done here I think its the stock exhaust, thoughts?

Check out this link. https://www.xlr-net.com/forums/cadi...n/5437-got-corsa-exhaust-i-just-did-pics.html

This is the before and after pictures stock vs Corsa.

Mike

What do the tips look like? Based on what I see it looks like stock 100%

I have Amy's stock exhaust system in my workshop attic. I see it often so that is why I'm pretty sure yours is stock.

photos of the exhaust tips (to help confirm if stock):

IMG_1049_zpsecec814e.jpg

IMG_1050_zpsda7e8b54.jpg

apologies for the quality, photos were taken with my iphone.

The exhaust tips tell me it's definitely a stock exhaust; mine are the same. If you look back at Dan's post #7, the Corsa exhaust tips are much more conical in shape...

The exhaust tips tell me it's definately a stock exhaust; mine are the same. If you look back at Dan's post #7, the Corsa exhaust tips are much more conical in shape...

Yes. Definitely stock. :wave:

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back