Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

05 XLR performance

C

cor383

I am a new owner to the world of XLR's and It is an amazing car. love almost every thing about it, But I am curouis about the inability of the car to light up the back tires with traction control off, It dosent even cherp the tires. MY 01 STS would smoke the tires?? Have an ideas?

I've got a base 04 XLR and, although I don't try it often, was unable to get the tires to light up either. I had the Michelin run-flats at the time. I switched to the Eagles - they are easy to chirp no matter what you do! I haven't tried to light em up, but I'd bet I could.... for a few feet anyway!

I think the tire compounds are sticker on these runflat tires than on your 01 STS regular tires (I had one of them as well).

I'll bet your car has the Michelins....

Welcome to the forum, and ENJOY YOUR CAR!!!!:wave:

My 05 is the same, not that great off the line. The sweet spot seems to be mid range rpm and up. Cruising and passing on the Interstate seems to be it's element.

Uintah

I just replaced my tires with the same that came on it. Maybe living in Colorado at a higher altitude makes a differance because I try to start up like I always do with just a little gas and they squeal from where ever I start up.

I just replaced my tires with the same that came on it. Maybe living in Colorado at a higher altitude makes a differance because I try to start up like I always do with just a little gas and they squeal from where ever I start up.

Colder weather maybe. . .?

Floyd (BB)

Has anyone tried turning off your Stabilitrak if you want to smoke the tires? But be careful, you could lose control of the car with that off.

I was going to tell them to move up to the V, Chad--I don't have a problem smokin' the tires. :lol::lol:

Has anyone tried turning off your Stabilitrak if you want to smoke the tires? But be careful, you could lose control of the car with that off.

Thanks I will give it a shot, all the best!

I was going to tell them to move up to the V, Chad--I don't have a problem smokin' the tires. :lol::lol:

I know for a fact,,,,, that'll do it. And I bet you don't have any problems.
Gotta luv the V's!!!! :)

Don't mean to hurt your feelings, but since you brought it up, technically that would be a move down. Give up crimson pearl, shale interior with wood accents, adaptive cruise control for the ability to smoke the tires.

Smokin' tires is what my old vette is for, the XLR is for looking good.;)

Thanks for the info on the nav disc version.

Uintah

Don't mean to hurt your feelings, but since you brought it up, technically that would be a move down. Give up crimson pearl, shale interior with wood accents, adaptive cruise control for the ability to smoke the tires.

Uintah

No feelings hurt, I think the only thing we've given up, and many people never use it anyway, is adaptive cruise. The "smokin' tires" only means we're able to "smoke" many, if not most, of the uneducated in the power of the "V." But, it's all in what you want in a car, I myself, like being in control of the "Gorilla in a Tuxedo."

But you're mileage may vary. . .

Floyd (BB)

My '06 is Infra red--very close to the crimson pearl. I know 'cause I had an '04 crimson pearl. I also like the dark wood accents better in my shale interior. Never did care for the adaptive cruise control. ;) Don't know how it is a move down--I think the pirelli tires are much better than michelins and the suspension seems better and has a performance mode. Smokin' the tires is not my style, but the ability is very easy in the V.:)

Thanks for the info on the nav disc version.

Uintah

smokin tires

Well I turned off the stabilitrak and it worked, thanks for the hint. But like others I don't smoke em often just wanted to try once. When I want raw smokin power I crank up the 84 with a 383 stroker motor.
Thanks again. By the way if any one needs to know how to make the 84 vette crossfire scream let me know. when you open the hood it looks stock, ran a 7.2 1/8 mile recently .

Speaking of tires ... (tire pressure question)

I've got a question about Tire Pressure.

Over the summer I replaced the Runflats with Goodyear Eagle GT's (keep a can of Fix A Flat in the trunk just for emergency). The MAX PSI is 51. When I had the tires installed, they put the PSI at 30. On cold days, I get a "Low Tire" warning when it dips below 24 psi. What do you think I should set the psi to?

Thanks for the help.

I set my tire pressure to 32. I do have to adjust it in the summer when the ambient temperature is warmer, and I adjust it in the fall when it's cooler. The tire pressure fluctuates quite a bit when warm or cold. The tires never get as warm in the fall/winter as they do in the summer.

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom