Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

06 In Georgia

"BOOGER"

Hi Phil welcome to the best damn XLR forum on the Internet. You will find a lot of knowledge and expertise information here. Please check the event pages as we usually have a few events every year between spring and fall , meet old and new friends every time. We all love our XLR's and love to show them off, I'm sure as much as you will! So enjoy your topless ride and get out there and Cruz'on . We are from Pennsylvania area and have spring summer and fall before we usually storage them for winter so I hope you enjoy your great ride and enjoy your time topless of course! Awe ours an 05 Light platinum silver and she's name Rox and yes some of us even name our babies!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Dan & Wendy
"05 GRAND DADDY"

Thanks Grand Daddy! I am looking forward to ownership. As I said, I've been wanting one of these for several years, was just hesitant for all the known reasons!! Couldn't resist though - they're just too good looking.
I've noticed many of you have named your cars, so decided to name mine after what I call my home - "BOOGER BOTTOM" - hence, will call the car BOOGER! Hopefully it's not going to live up to it's namesake!
Looking forward to some fall weather here so I can enjoy the topless riding more and possibly join some of you at an upcoming show/meet somewhere.

Thanks Grand Daddy! I am looking forward to ownership. As I said, I've been wanting one of these for several years, was just hesitant for all the known reasons!! Couldn't resist though - they're just too good looking.
I've noticed many of you have named your cars, so decided to name mine after what I call my home - "BOOGER BOTTOM" - hence, will call the car BOOGER! Hopefully it's not going to live up to it's namesake!
Looking forward to some fall weather here so I can enjoy the topless riding more and possibly join some of you at an upcoming show/meet somewhere.

If you haven't already it be wise to spend the money on an aftermarket warranty as when I bought Roxy They offer it with the loan from Route66 and I paid $1,800 for 5yrs or 100,000 miles in March 2011 an they laid out over $4,000 so it well worth if you plan to drive a lot!

Dan & Wendy
"05 GRAND DADDY"

warranty

[QUOT=05 GRAND DADDY;62337]If you haven't already it be wise to spend the money on an aftermarket warranty as when I bought Roxy They offer it with the loan from Route66 and I paid $1,800 for 5yrs or 100,000 miles in March 2011 an they laid out over $4,000 so it well worth if you plan to drive a lot!

Dan & Wendy
"05 GRAND DADDY"[/QUOTE]

Yes, I've been looking into these warranties. So far, have not found one that covers the top which is one of my big concerns.

i do love those V wheels,
i am still enjoying my stock wheels but they are the limited style(15 spoke) on an 07, so they look kinda similar to the V (10 spoke).
i am afraid the 19's wont do well on the crappy roads around here, philadelphia region.

if the gold mist is kinda not growing on you, a nice wrap totally changes the color.
can go black or red or carbon fiber purple, whatever you want.
i REALLY wanted a liquid amethyst XLR V. they never made a V in that color...
so i was gonna buy a silver V and get it wrapped.
ended up with an actual liquid amethyst XLR, not a V.

the wrap is similar to a clear bra that so many people get on the front end of their cars, just extend it all the way back;)
i guy i work with gets his convertible beemer re-wrapped every year, not because it goes bad, it will last for years,
he just likes to change the color of his car, currently hes got carbon fiber blue, looks really good.

Yes, I like the wheels too. 19's not really that much different than 18's - don't think you'd notice much change in the ride/handling.

The gold mist is starting to grow on me, but if I were to make a color change, I'd go with a deep silver gray. I do like the color on your car too though.

i do love those V wheels,
i am still enjoying my stock wheels but they are the limited style(15 spoke) on an 07, so they look kinda similar to the V (10 spoke).
i am afraid the 19's wont do well on the crappy roads around here, philadelphia region.

if the gold mist is kinda not growing on you, a nice wrap totally changes the color.
can go black or red or carbon fiber purple, whatever you want.
i REALLY wanted a liquid amethyst XLR V. they never made a V in that color...
so i was gonna buy a silver V and get it wrapped.
ended up with an actual liquid amethyst XLR, not a V.

the wrap is similar to a clear bra that so many people get on the front end of their cars, just extend it all the way back;)
i guy i work with gets his convertible beemer re-wrapped every year, not because it goes bad, it will last for years,
he just likes to change the color of his car, currently hes got carbon fiber blue, looks really good.

Thanks to "AirMike", I also have the "V" rims on my base '06. Those wheels, along with the 255/40/ZR19 Michelin Pilot Sport AS/3 tires on all 4 and the "V" anti-sway bar, completely changed the handling for the better (IMO). I did the change in preparation for the Rocket Rally thru Montana's mountains, and the setup worked very well (even when pushing Rod & Cindy up the twisties :laugh:). I drive mine year-round, even on our crappy pot-hole-replete roads in Pueblo West, CO. Haven't regretted making the change, that's for sure.

YMMV

Tim

Nothing comes close to the XLR styling

I like cars that do not look like all the others on the road.
Everyone has a BMW or a Mercedes, they are everywhere, and the repairs on them are
as bad as our XLR's (once out of warrantee)
But as Al said, these are hand built, low production, and in my opinion much better looking
than any of the others...that's the price you pay to be different.
So there will be times when we are a little inconvenienced.

I bought my 05 about 5 years ago and also purchased an extended warrantee for 2K
at that time, since it was used and I didn't know the car. That same warrantee today is 3K which I refuse
to pay, but I know the car much better now (than I did then) and although it's 5 years older, I will take
my chances....(by the way, as it turned out, I never used the warrantee I bought)

I bought my 05 about 5 years ago and also purchased an extended warrantee for 2K
at that time, since it was used and I didn't know the car. That same warrantee today is 3K which I refuse
to pay, but I know the car much better now (than I did then) and although it's 5 years older, I will take
my chances....(by the way, as it turned out, I never used the warrantee I bought)

This is what I like to hear!!

Great & Fun Cars. Welcome : )

Gee. Really? I am partial to The Gold Mist. :cool: Go figure. In fact Rob (this site's boss) told me that there were only around 330 made in this color in 2006 making them one of the rarest colors among XLR's. However, I do like all the colors that were available and do enjoy looking at them. :)

Enjoy your ride and welcome to the site.

Hi fellow Coloradan : )

Thanks to "AirMike", I also have the "V" rims on my base '06. Those wheels, along with the 255/40/ZR19 Michelin Pilot Sport AS/3 tires on all 4 and the "V" anti-sway bar, completely changed the handling for the better (IMO). I did the change in preparation for the Rocket Rally thru Montana's mountains, and the setup worked very well (even when pushing Rod & Cindy up the twisties :laugh:). I drive mine year-round, even on our crappy pot-hole-replete roads in Pueblo West, CO. Haven't regretted making the change, that's for sure.

YMMV

Tim

Hi Tim. :wave:It's true he drives it allot and always keeps it maintained and looking good. I didn't know you had changed the rims and tires before The Montana Rocket Run and added the V sway bar to the rear. Interesting. What made the 'most' difference the tires, or as I would 'assume', the rear 'V' sway bar set up? As mine has almost brand new Michelin OEM Style Run Flats; really don't want to spend the dinero right now for different tires and wheels. But have considered adding the rear V sway bar.

Understood and I am liking this color more and more. Very easy to keep clean but it just doesn't quite seem like a "sports car" color. Would REALLY love to see this car in a dark green! Either way it is nice to have something different from the many black and red ones out there. No offense intended black/red owners but there are a lot of you!:thumbsup

Understood and I am liking this color more and more. Very easy to keep clean but it just doesn't quite seem like a "sports car" color. Would REALLY love to see this car in a dark green! Either way it is nice to have something different from the many black and red ones out there. No offense intended black/red owners but there are a lot of you!:thumbsup

Add some cool blue colored LED lights you love that blue with silver
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1442006726.877735.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1442006779.185277.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1442006828.783416.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1442006938.195272.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1442007093.037903.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1442007202.745358.jpg

Dan & Wendy
"05 GRAND DADDY"

Yes it definitely looks silver in the little round picture to me, here on the site! But than I am partially color blind too...... Lol

Dan & Wendy
"05 GRAND DADDY"

Now that looks good

been busy enjoying last few weeks to drive up here so been awol grand daddy just wondering where you found these like the xlr on rocker

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom