Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Help! 07 XLR Left headlight

delauterbach

My car was hit in a parking lot 3 weeks ago and the body shop can't find a replacement headlight assembly. Does anyone have a line on replacement parts or used parts?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not sure if you've used the Search function, but this topic has been discussed frequently.

There are NO new replacement headlights available from GM. (Or tail lights.)

You'll have to search online salvage yards and eBay for used replacements.

CC :wave:

Last edited:
These guys still listing that passenger headlight assemblies still available. They were originally export, but have modified the wiring harness to make them ok with US specs. Don't know if they are 100% DOT compliant, but other members have installed them and they work fine. You will need to tell them if you have a 04/05 or 06 and later. That makes a difference in the wiring. You will probably lose the adaptive function (where they rotate while you turn) . Biggest difference is that they have adjustments for both side to side and up and down which meets EU requirements.
2006 - Cadillac XLR Parts - SMC Performance and Auto Parts
Tim

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

These guys still listing that passenger headlight assemblies still available. They were originally export, but have modified the wiring harness to make them ok with US specs. Don't know if they are 100% DOT compliant, but other members have installed them and they work fine. You will need to tell them if you have a 04/05 or 06 and later. That makes a difference in the wiring. You will probably lose the adaptive function (where they rotate while you turn) . Biggest difference is that they have adjustments for both side to side and up and down which meets EU requirements.
2006 - Cadillac XLR Parts - SMC Performance and Auto Parts
Tim

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I've seen one tested & the adaptive headlight feature will work for the '06 & later.

Putting aside any possible safety issues with non-DOT compliant lighting (& hopefully GM wasn't saving dangerous XLR headlights for overseas shipment!), it seems usually that gets checked into on inspections if the light doesn't appear to be OEM. For example, Mike put LED tailights on his Mustang, & that got questioned on inspection. So, you may skate through since these lights look U.S. OEM.

At least in my state if we hang on for another 15 years we can get antique plates for our XLR's & be exempt from inspections! :chuckle

Wondering if your would sell me the damaged headlight?

Good luck in finding that left head light! Same thing happened to me. Looked for 2 years even bought one from eBay that had a LH Headlight PN and picture, being desperate I dropped $1675.00 on the light.

When it arrived it was a RH head light in perfect condition, but wrong side of the car. I have emailed, written, called and visited GM Cadillac Motors HQ to no avail.

Sad thing is, granted there was higher production numbers, but the Eldorado has a plentiful supply if parts available.

The Allante, (yeah I know I said the "A" word) still has plenty of parts in the supply chain - the XLR, just a forgotten and ignored product that people are very passionate about. The dealership that birthed my car into the world in 2004 is 1 block from my home in and dreads every time I drive on their lot.

When my left tail light burned out 7 months ago and I had to go on the hunt for a replacement, I set a time when I would have to make the most difficult decision, if I can't find it, I will sadly have to part ways with my baby - First of December, that happened. I took a beating because of a damaged headlight and totally inoperative taillight, despite everything else working on the car and it being meticulously maintained. It was my daily driver so I could not just park it.

Cadillac just did not have our backs with this, which really is not like them to not give a crap - but they are after the younger crowd now - trying to beat the European and Asian appeal. But also what we have seen in that race to beat the Euros, that the values of Cadillac in the resale market have plummeted. Which again is sad to see.

Anyway I digress, If looking for a LH Head light or any tail lights, good luck! So sad to see this to one I think and a lot will agree was the best roadster Cadillac has every produced.

Hen's Teeth more Available

Good luck in finding that left head light! Same thing happened to me. Looked for 2 years even bought one from eBay that had a LH Headlight PN and picture, being desperate I dropped $1675.00 on the light.

When it arrived it was a RH head light in perfect condition, but wrong side of the car. I have emailed, written, called and visited GM Cadillac Motors HQ to no avail.

Sad thing is, granted there was higher production numbers, but the Eldorado has a plentiful supply if parts available.

The Allante, (yeah I know I said the "A" word) still has plenty of parts in the supply chain - the XLR, just a forgotten and ignored product that people are very passionate about. The dealership that birthed my car into the world in 2004 is 1 block from my home in and dreads every time I drive on their lot.

When my left tail light burned out 7 months ago and I had to go on the hunt for a replacement, I set a time when I would have to make the most difficult decision, if I can't find it, I will sadly have to part ways with my baby - First of December, that happened. I took a beating because of a damaged headlight and totally inoperative taillight, despite everything else working on the car and it being meticulously maintained. It was my daily driver so I could not just park it.

Cadillac just did not have our backs with this, which really is not like them to not give a crap - but they are after the younger crowd now - trying to beat the European and Asian appeal. But also what we have seen in that race to beat the Euros, that the values of Cadillac in the resale market have plummeted. Which again is sad to see.

Anyway I digress, If looking for a LH Head light or any tail lights, good luck! So sad to see this to one I think and a lot will agree was the best roadster Cadillac has every produced.

I can't even find a really damaged LH light for 3D scanning (RH reversed isn't working- design too complicated). I have been tracking down recently wrecked XLR's on IAA but the idiots actually throw away the head lights during dismantling. I bet they wonder why there is long silence on the phone after they tell me "Oh, we threw those headlights away."

Had a 2002 Eldorado, miss that Pleather filled back seat.

You should take a picture of your headlightless car. I would love to make a t-shirt with your picture saying "I paid $80,000 for a Cadillac, and all I got was an expensive boat anchor GM doesn't have parts for." and wear it around the Cadillac display at the upcoming Detroit auto show. LOL

My car was hit in a parking lot 3 weeks ago and the body shop can't find a replacement headlight assembly. Does anyone have a line on replacement parts or used parts?

My XLR is Fine

You should take a picture of your headlightless car. I would love to make a t-shirt with your picture saying "I paid $80,000 for a Cadillac, and all I got was an expensive boat anchor GM doesn't have parts for." and wear it around the Cadillac display at the upcoming Detroit auto show. LOL

My XLR is fine. I just wanted a headlight for 3D scanning so I could eventually manufacture them, so you and other XLR owners don't have to put up with this B.S. I am very sorry about what happened.

As of yesterday afternoon the insurance adjuster told me that they may have to TOTAL my car because no one can find any headlights. If my car does get repaired I'll be afraid to drive it, worrying about someone else hitting it.

Did you get that in writing? If not, can you ask for it in writing? That they may total your car because GM doesn't give 2 nickels about their halo car and has no safety parts for it.

If they do total your car, I would very much appreciate you getting the reason in writing from your insurer, and scan the document in and post it or sent it to me.

It's time to start squeaking to GM, and if embarrassing Cadillac is what it takes to get oiled, so be it.

GM is making billions of dollars a year. They can afford to fix this issue.

As of yesterday afternoon the insurance adjuster told me that they may have to TOTAL my car because no one can find any headlights. If my car does get repaired I'll be afraid to drive it, worrying about someone else hitting it.

Too bad these wouldn't work for you .

Driver Side (LH) and Passenger Side (RH) Set of Headlamp Capsule Assemblies Converted to USA, North America Connector & Wiring Spec GM Part no. 10349881, 0506-10349881, 10349880, 0506-10349880 - SMC Performance and Auto Parts

I have been tracking the SMC site and watching the headlights in your link. They have had 5 pairs in stock for several months then just last week they disappeared! Almost as if one person bought all 5 pairs. Did anyone on our site scoop them up?

Too bad these wouldn't work for you .

Driver Side (LH) and Passenger Side (RH) Set of Headlamp Capsule Assemblies Converted to USA, North America Connector & Wiring Spec GM Part no. 10349881, 0506-10349881, 10349880, 0506-10349880 - SMC Performance and Auto Parts

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom