Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

09 xlr alpine limited edition

DAT

My XLR/V(s)
2006 Infrared XLR-V
does any one know about this edition, which nis also designated as Platinum and in Black Cherry/cashmere.

The Alpine White was not offered in 2009, only 2008.

CC :wave:

Alpine White XLRs Rule

There were about 259 made but only in 2008. The real surprise is that they ended up
having Alpine White Vs which I understand wasn't the original plan.

Oh, and they are known to be much faster than the lethargic red and black XLRs
that are so commonly found

. bs.jpg

Steve

Last edited:
09 build sheet

does any one know about this edition, which nis also designated as Platinum and in Black Cherry/cashmere.

The GM 2009 build Sheet calls it a 2009 XLR ALPINE LIMITED EDITION...vin is 1G6YV36A295600530. Also has a PLATINUM badge on back. We were thinking that the Alpine designation was some trim piece. Any thoughts...?

Alpine

There were about 259 made but only in 2008. The real surprise is that they ended up
having Alpine White Vs which I understand wasn't the original plan.

Oh, and they are known to be much faster than the lethargic red and black XLRs
that are so commonly found

.View attachment 5305

Steve
Oh yeah.......WHITE LIGHTNING...!

2009 Base - all "Platinum" editions

All 2009 base models were considered "Platinum" editions. They are the ones that had the unique exhaust tailpipes - which I like. I tried to get the tips for mine, but found out that you have to buy the entire exhaust system.

If there is a 2009 white car out there, it is not listed as an option on the charts. It may have been repainted. I saw a 2009 V cross the Mecham Auction block that was a dealer demo show car, which had started out as another color, but had been repainted to white (by GM). With 2K miles on it, it went for $105K! Maybe this is the car??? :dunno:

Oh yeah.......WHITE LIGHTNING...!

alpine white

The Alpine White was not offered in 2009, only 2008.

CC :wave:

Thanks....and the build sheet says ALPINE LIMITED EDITION, and the 09 XLR is Black Cherry which I believe is desigaated as DARK BRAHMA JEWEL with Cashmere interior listed as cashmere w/ebony accents. There is a platinum badge on the rear panel. Can't figure out what the Alpine Limited Ed indicates. Let me know if you come up with something and thanks again.

i think i understand, its actually a black cherry XLR.
but the sheet says something about alpine edition...
btw
you are in media, i am in king of prussia !
hi neighbor:wave:
mine is 07 liquid amethyst. another rare color, also a platinum edition.
i have my orig window sticker if you want to compare.

Window Sticker

I'm looking at this car. I'm going to try to attach the window sticker!
attachment.php

Attachments

• 00m0m_lkbhkV36xs8_600x450.jpg
    00m0m_lkbhkV36xs8_600x450.jpg
    32 KB · Views: 399
09 Alpine Limited Edition

attachment.php

Yep...That is the Build Sheet for the Black Cherry 09 XLR platinum...any idea why it says alpine limited edition...?

liquid amethyst on the waterfront

i think i understand, its actually a black cherry XLR.
but the sheet says something about alpine edition...
btw
you are in media, i am in king of prussia !
hi neighbor:wave:
mine is 07 liquid amethyst. another rare color, also a platinum edition.
i have my orig window sticker if you want to compare.

tryin to figure out where that shot was taken...? down the shore...? NICE RIDE..!

you can see my original window sticker here.
...removed link...
as its an 07 i dont think it will be of much help.
i would guess the build sheet is not the same as the window sticker,
and may have been generated incorrectly?
i think they are for sale thru the corvette museum,
so it may be a bad cut and paste job, or the nearest approximation of options on the 09
that is identical to the 08 in options, but wasnt offered in alpine white.

Last edited:
lextoy on registry

you can see my original window sticker here.
Cadillac XLR Registry | 2007 Cadillac XLR - 1G6YV36A375601120 | Cadillac XLR Net
as its an 07 i dont think it will be of much help.
i would guess the build sheet is not the same as the window sticker,
and may have been generated incorrectly?
i think they are for sale thru the corvette museum,
so it may be a bad cut and paste job, or the nearest approximation of options on the 09
that is identical to the 08 in options, but wasnt offered in alpine white.

Hey...this whole thing is fascinating and will probably have a simple explanation. Great to have an XLR associate so close. you have to try CREED's for seafood ...should be close to you. Thanks for filling in some Alpine detail. Safe cruisin'

yes pic was taken in brigantine NJ, sky was epic purple and orange hues. complimented the car perfectly.
sadly all i had was my cell phone. only had a few minutes, still captured it pretty well.
if you have ever seen the liquid amethyst, it is such a interesting color, looks different in different kinds of light.
really impresses, i never had so many compliments. and not even for the car, they love the color.

i saw an xlr in miami a few yrs ago, either the 04 neiman marcus or an 07 like mine.
finally found one last summer!

Brigantine Magic

yes pic was taken in brigantine NJ, sky was epic purple and orange hues. complimented the car perfectly.
sadly all i had was my cell phone. only had a few minutes, still captured it pretty well.
if you have ever seen the liquid amethyst, it is such a interesting color, looks different in different kinds of light.
really impresses, i never had so many compliments. and not even for the car, they love the color.

i saw an xlr in miami a few yrs ago, either the 04 neiman marcus or an 07 like mine.
finally found one last summer!

U R right...what a mix of fire and water and XLR. Mysterious color. I got a place in Longport so maybe I will see U down the shore. Thanks for your help. County Corvette Club friends have people who can help us when XLR needs arise. Take care. David Thomas. Riddle Hosp.

Alpine Edition

Going by memory, but I believe Alpine Edition 2009 XLR's came with the mesh windscreen and a car cover. There were no other 'options' and I believe all base 2009's were platinum.

attachment.php

The bottom of this sheet says "This is a used vehicle" & some other language. I don't think this is any official GM document but something a used car dealer made up. I've never seen anything like it before.

There was a special wheel/cover/windscreen combo option for '09 called Weather Veil - I think Graytoad on here has one. Other than that there's an Alpine edition of BMW years ago.

No bus for me....been there...done that...

Going by memory, but I believe Alpine Edition 2009 XLR's came with the mesh windscreen and a car cover. There were no other 'options' and I believe all base 2009's were platinum.

( DAT)

Not familiar with that as an option so thank you and I will research it. Will also check with fellow members who have more info and experience. I think we have screen talked before....am building my dream team and will let you know how that is working out in a few weeks. Your team id quite formidable...in fact ..awesome..!:cool: happy cruising.

06 advertising

The bottom of this sheet says "This is a used vehicle" & some other language. I don't think this is any official GM document but something a used car dealer made up. I've never seen anything like it before.

There was a special wheel/cover/windscreen combo option for '09 called Weather Veil - I think Graytoad on here has one. Other than that there's an Alpine edition of BMW years ago.

U get an A+ for 06 Imagery and Advertising! ....and for careful scrutiny as well. Thanks for the help !.:cool:

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom