Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

1300 mile trek

corv75

We will be bringing "silverback" home from the east coast Tuesday and wanted some advice on things to watch out for? Since I am not familiar with all the controls and lighting what should I be aware of so I don't wake up to dead battery or overheat or any other fun things that could happen. If top locks open is their a manual way to put up?

I'm sure someone here will chime in and refresh me. But if the top has issues then there are several cables in trunk you need to disconnect. Also you should have a torque/Allen wrench that came with the car. That will help with putting the top up. But you need like 2-3 people to help lift and put the top up. Also drivers side trunk area. There is a cubby well under the carpet. That is where the computer is for the car/top. Make sure after a hard rain that there is no water in it. It also should have a drain hole just encase.
I had to replace my weather strip in the trunk because of moisture/dampness in trunk. $1100.00 outofpocket.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Manual Top

We will be bringing "silverback" home from the east coast Tuesday and wanted some advice on things to watch out for? Since I am not familiar with all the controls and lighting what should I be aware of so I don't wake up to dead battery or overheat or any other fun things that could happen. If top locks open is their a manual way to put up?

1300 mile road trip, I'm jealous ;). As to your top question, that was something I was also worried about. I had read a number of post on the forum concerning top problems. Luckily nerkpowers posted a link to the owners manual in the new members section for me to check out. I down loaded a few pages of things I was curious about, the top being one of them. On page 2-57 it tells you how to manually raise your top. It doesn't look easy but I was happy to know it could be done. Like others had mentioned, I also made sure I knew how to open the doors from both inside the car and outside the car if there was a power failure (2-12). Hope this helped and have a great top down ride.

I always turn my fog lamps or headlights on for long trips just to be sure my DRL's don't get "crazed." That problem was supposed to be fixed with '06 & up, but another member said DRL's on his '06 crazed some after a 12 hour drive. Better safe than sorry!

keep them coming

Really appreciate the info. I'm a sponge keep soaking me with data. Ha ha

I was pleasantly surprised to see the owner's manual in the glovebox when my XLR arrived last week! I have already used it many times in just 5 days. :)

I was pleasantly surprised to see the owner's manual in the glovebox when my XLR arrived last week! I have already used it many times in just 5 days. :)

If ever there's a car to read the manual for - it's this one! Makes life much easier if you do that.

If ever there's a car to read the manual for - it's this one! Makes life much easier if you do that.

It is! I accidentally came across the instructions on how you can open the trunk with the keys in your pocket by pushing the (always dirty) switch under the center brake light!

Nice to know! but it doesn't matter how clean my car is, unless I JUST cleaned it, that switch is always dirty :(

Yes I agree. Also mine is wearing out. At least that's what my service guy said.

Halfway home and no problems, except wife hit alaska size pothole on right side. Tire still up and no shimmy or shakes. Rim looks fine but will put up on lift when I get her home and check things out.

stretch image.......

",,,wife hit alaska size pothole on right side."

If you had been behind the wheel when the pot hole was hit,,,,,,,,,,,it would have been reported as Rhode Island size :eek:

Drive safe...............

p z

Wife

Halfway home and no problems, except wife hit alaska size pothole on right side. Tire still up and no shimmy or shakes. Rim looks fine but will put up on lift when I get her home and check things out.

I'm surprised you let the wife drive it so soon :lol:. I'm still holding out but I guess it's going to happen sooner rather than later :pat:.

Fun times… I'm flying down to FL this weekend to pick mine up, a bit over 3,000 miles to get her home, increasing the mileage on the car by 10% :lol:

Fun times… I'm flying down to FL this weekend to pick mine up, a bit over 3,000 miles to get her home, increasing the mileage on the car by 10% :lol:
Hope you have as much fun as the rest of us with our xlrs

Congrats

Congratulations :thumbsup. Careful on the road, FL may be a top down state as one member says but the State Trooper didn't seem to share my enthusiasm for my new ride as he wrote my speeding ticket :lol:. Enjoy the ride home. Which one did you decide on?

I don't think right now would be best for top down cruising. Here in north Florida and South Georgia we have a heat advisory. Feels like 110-115. hot hot hot.

I'm surprised you let the wife drive it so soon :lol:. I'm still holding out but I guess it's going to happen sooner rather than later :pat:.

Don't let her drive it or you'll be getting one for her too! Don't ask how I know... ;)

Actually got it for her as she said she did not want a corvette. I think I kinda tricked her with this one. :lol:

Thanks for all the help guys.

Actually got it for her as she said she did not want a corvette. I think I kinda tricked her with this one. :lol:

Thanks for all the help guys.

Good job. :lol:

Have you posted a pic of your vette? I noted your member name last week and meant to ask. I don't think I actually followed through with asking, but it has been a CRAZY month! :lol:

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom