Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

2004 CADILLAC XLR BVLGARI EDITION - BLACK WITH TAN INTERIOR - IMMACULATE CONDITION

E

eightpak

I have here an XLR with 45,5xx miles with a special ability most xlrs dont get: 21 miles per gallon average

It is black with tan interior. The car is so fresh my body shop buddy thought it was an 08.

Tires are new
everything is good to go.
No issues, no small problems, everything works A+
Never abused
Totally stock
Navigation, heated seats, on windshield screen, hard-top convertible.... etc like all the others....

Asking $29,999 obo
Price is negotiable
Pompano Beach - Boca Raton, FL
561-6744848

Hello,

I am a newbie to the forum. I have been shopping for a good deal on an XLR and I have seen a few BVLGARI editions advertized but I know almost nothing about this edition.

Can you give me an idea where to reseaarch this car so I can determine the rarity, current and future value?

Thankls for any help you can provide.

Thanks,
RC

To help you make an assessment before you make a purchase, the XLR advertised is nice, but average. And way overpriced - though negotiable. I bought a similar car, with less mileage seven years ago for $32k. A dealer would offer < $15k for a 2004, which is still about $10k more than any other 11 year-old Cadillac. The good news is XLR's have retained their value better than any Cadillac in the last thirty years. Compared to the similarly-priced ELR, the XLR will most likely retain the best depreciation title, since the ELR has sold about half the 2014 inventory and will skip the 2015 model year in order to clear excess inventory and instead get an upgrade for the 2016 year. (Not much of a sales incentive, with an improved model coming out next year, but the sticker price is down 30%, much to the chagrin of early adopters.)

There was no XLR marketed as a "Bulgari Edition", but people can call their cars whatever they want when selling. The Bulgari logo placed over the speedometer and tachometer was removed late in production, but the basic instrumentation design (done by Bulgari) remained throughout the XLRs all-too-short lifespan.

So to answer your questions, this car while nice, isn't rare, (2004-2005 was nearly half of total XLR production.) It's asking price is overpriced, (but negotiable) and future value is better than average, though I wouldn't consider it an investment until another twenty years passes. For additional research questions, this is a great place to pose questions.

Some XLR-specific parts are getting hard to find, the cars are aging and more prone to failure, so they need to be really taken care of to retain their value. 31 MPG is nice, I've only hit that (once) during long freeway road-trips.As for value, XLR is a bargain for the 2004-2006 model years as long as the price is right. They are able cars with plenty of power and just as attractive as any newer model Cadillac and never fail to start a conversation at a gas pump, as they are still rarely seen in the wild. (I saw my first XLR in over a year the other night.) I

If you can score a nice 2004 for <$15k, go for it. Kelly Blue Book prices an excellent condition 2004 XLR at about $12K for a private party seller (depending on zip code.) A dealer will ask for more.

CC :wave:

Last edited:
Thank you for this information.

is
To help you make an assessment before you make a purchase, the XLR advertised is nice, but average. And way overpriced - though negotiable. I bought a similar car, with less mileage seven years ago for $32k. A dealer would offer < $15k for a 2004, which is still about $10k more than any other 11 year-old Cadillac. The good news is XLR's have retained their value better than any Cadillac in the last thirty years. Compared to the similarly-priced ELR, the XLR will most likely retain the best depreciation title, since the ELR has sold about half the 2014 inventory and will skip the 2015 model year in order to clear excess inventory and instead get an upgrade for the 2016 year. (Not much of a sales incentive, with an improved model coming out next year, but the sticker price is down 30%, much to the chagrin of early adopters.)

There was no XLR marketed as a "Bulgari Edition", but people can call their cars whatever they want when selling. The Bulgari logo placed over the speedometer and tachometer was removed late in production, but the basic instrumentation design (done by Bulgari) remained throughout the XLRs all-too-short lifespan.

So to answer your questions, this car while nice, isn't rare, (2004-2005 was nearly half of total XLR production.) It's asking price is overpriced, (but negotiable) and future value is better than average, though I wouldn't consider it an investment until another twenty years passes. For additional research questions, this is a great place to pose questions.

Some XLR-specific parts are getting hard to find, the cars are aging and more prone to failure, so they need to be really taken care of to retain their value. 31 MPG is nice, I've only hit that (once) during long freeway road-trips.As for value, XLR is a bargain for the 2004-2006 model years as long as the price is right. They are able cars with plenty of power and just as attractive as any newer model Cadillac and never fail to start a conversation at a gas pump, as they are still rarely seen in the wild. (I saw my first XLR in over a year the other night.) I

If you can score a nice 2004 for <$15k, go for it. Kelly Blue Book prices an excellent condition 2004 XLR at about $12K for a private party seller (depending on zip code.) A dealer will ask for more.

Thank you!

This clears up all my questions. My main question being does a BVLGARI Edition actually exist. The actual XLR I was shopping is listed on Ebay for an agreed purchase price of $21,750. I have decided to pass on the purchase as a CarFax review has revealed 6 previous owners which dude did not know, he thought he was the 2nd owner. The sad part of all this is the owner is an elderly gentleman with a terminal disease and truely believes he has a relatively rare and collectable XLR. I hate to be the bearer of bad news for him, if I tell him it will be gently.....

Thanks again,
RC

This clears up all my questions. My main question being does a BVLGARI Edition actually exist. The actual XLR I was shopping is listed on Ebay for an agreed purchase price of $21,750. I have decided to pass on the purchase as a CarFax review has revealed 6 previous owners which dude did not know, he thought he was the 2nd owner. The sad part of all this is the owner is an elderly gentleman with a terminal disease and truely believes he has a relatively rare and collectable XLR. I hate to be the bearer of bad news for him, if I tell him it will be gently.....

Thanks again,
RC

There never was a BVLGARI edition. To my understanding, BVLGARI designed the instrument cluster and their name appeared on all XLR's instrument cluster until the 2009 model years.

It sounds like he has enough bad news already.

If there truly is a "Bulgari" edition, it's probably the one owned by Mr. Bulgari himself, who has a large collection of Cadillacs. I think he was given the last DTS. The owner was probably referring to the logo above the instrumentation and thought he had something (more) special.

Before you contemplate purchasing any XLR, I suggest you run the VIN through a GM dealership and have them print out the maintenance history, which can reveal even more detail about the condition of the car than a CarFAX report.

The original post was made in 2010!
But I think you have the annswers to your questions.
If you are looking I have a very nice 2005 is Blue Steel / Cashmere that may be for sale. I'm building a new project and could use a parking space, plus some cash in the bank. Best to send email to b_papp (at) hotmail (dot) com.
Car is not advertised yet, waiting till ater in the year to sell it, but I can fill in teh details if you are interested.
Bruce

Thanks

There will not be anymore bad news from me, the remaining bidder backed out, I am not sure if he had the same concerns. It is currently relisted on Ebay if you care to take a look. What I still don't understand is the Platinum script on the trunklid, two toned seats which I have only seen in what I beleive is also a Platinum Edition and he claims BVLGARI Edition is embossed on the dash (may be typical). Unfortunately, I failed to memtion these details in my first post as at the time I thought the edition might exist not requireing these details....

:dunno:1 Curious RC

If there truly is a "Bulgari" edition, it's probably the one owned by Mr. Bulgari himself, who has a large collection of Cadillacs. I think he was given the last DTS. The owner was probably referring to the logo above the instrumentation and thought he had something (more) special.

Before you contemplate purchasing any XLR, I suggest you run the VIN through a GM dealership and have them print out the maintenance history, which can reveal even more detail about the condition of the car than a CarFAX report.

Great advice

I have provided the VIN to a dealer and I am waiting for a reply.

If it's this one: Cadillac XLR Bvlgari | eBay

There are some inconsistencies.

1) Obviously there is no "Bulgari Edition."
2) This is a 2004. The Platinum Edition came out years later. Anyone can add a "Platinum" applique to the rear and sides of the car. Some people add the "V" emblem, which is XLR heresy. (There is a special room full of used -car salesman waiting for them in Hell.)
3) The owner added one of the uglier aftermarket mesh grills. But . . . He's got the "V" style wheels which look good, --especially with the black center caps.
4) The blacked-out seat cushions aren't stock. Somebody may be trying to cover a poop stain or something.
5) At 48k miles, this car is over-priced. A dealer would offer 10-12-ish.
6) A lot of folks aren't fans of the "wart" antenna on the rear deck lid. It breaks up a clean, flat surface.
7) Looks like a Corsa exhaust is installed. Sweet!
8) The rear tail lights have been smoked or backed-out. Safety-wise, this is not so good-especially during the day, when someone may easily miss seeing a signal during distracted driving.

PS: Scrolling down, here's what happens when someone puts a "V" logo on a base XLR: Cadillac XLR Base Convertible 2 Door | eBay Karma rules!

PSS: (Or should I say, POS?) This XLR abomination keeps being offered on Bay, with no takers in the last couple of years. See why here:Cadillac XLR Base Convertible 2 Door | eBay

CC

Last edited:
Interesting and thanks again

If it's this one: Cadillac XLR Bvlgari | eBay

There are some inconsistencies.

1) Obviously there is no "Bulgari Edition."
2) This is a 2004. The Platinum Edition came out years later. Anyone can add a "Platinum" applique to the rear and sides of the car. Some people add the "V" emblem, which is XLR heresy. (There is a special room full of used -car salesman waiting for them in Hell.)
3) The owner added one of the uglier aftermarket mesh grills. But . . . He's got the "V" style wheels which look good, --especially with the black center caps.
4) The blacked-out seat cushions aren't stock. Somebody may be trying to cover a poop stain or something.
5) At 48k miles, this car is over-priced. A dealer would offer 10-12-ish.
6) A lot of folks aren't fans of the "wart" antenna on the rear deck lid. It breaks up a clean, flat surface.
7) Looks like a Corsa exhaust is installed. Sweet!
8) The rear tail lights have been smoked or backed-out. Safety-wise, this is not so good-especially during the day, when someone may easily miss seeing a signal during distracted driving.

PS: Scrolling down, here's what happens when someone puts a "V" logo on a base XLR: Cadillac XLR Base Convertible 2 Door | eBay Karma rules!

CC

Ugliest thing I have ever seen! I saw that wart during my search on EBay...

RC

Since it doesn't appear that anyone posted back to our guest, I will add my .02 cents to confirm most of what has been said.
There is no such special edition called BVLGARI EDITION, as noted it's the name of the designer of the speedo/clock.
Their also is no PLATINUM EDITION, there is however the color light Platinum which I have had two of and still own a platinum 06-V.
Black inserts in the seats doesn't mean anything was wrong except the fake suede gets a little rough looking after awhile & is tough to slide into the seat because it acts like Velcro. I too had mine redone with perforated black leather with red piping, gave the car a much sportier interior look. Also did side panels too.
I also removed all badges except for the V on fenders and rear deck and added "supercharged" on both sides of the cowling (raised section of hood) that in my estimation is where they should have put it and notice a lot of others have installed the same on their V's.
I don't believe I have done a no no by removing & adding these badges and can be put back to factory condition by restoring badges. The seats would be another matter as far as factory, also the 20" chrome Foose Speedster rims with dedicated TPM monitors & mormal valves for filling with air. Everyone adds their touch to their vehicles but just have to be careful not to over due like putting a wing on the trunk, THAT'S BAD or CHROMING the whole car.:(
Bob
PS: My V gets 26mpg running at 85 & 90 MPH, Don't know why his only gets 21mpg.

I have here an XLR with 45,5xx miles with a special ability most xlrs dont get: 21 miles per gallon average

It is black with tan interior. The car is so fresh my body shop buddy thought it was an 08.

Tires are new
everything is good to go.
No issues, no small problems, everything works A+
Never abused
Totally stock
Navigation, heated seats, on windshield screen, hard-top convertible.... etc like all the others....

Asking $29,999 obo
Price is negotiable
Pompano Beach - Boca Raton, FL
561-6744848

"Their also is no PLATINUM EDITION, there is however the color light Platinum which I have had two of and still own a platinum 06-V."

Not exactly, Bob.

Please refer to the 2008 Cadillac XLR brochure, pg 32 which introduces the XLR Platinum Edition (in six colors, no less.) The Platinum Edition was an enhanced XLR base, and came with I believe, an $86k price tag. It was delivered with a chrome-finish grill, polished 18" aluminum fifteen-spoked wheels, Olive Ash wood, aluminum accents, "Platinum" logo door sill plates, and an alcantra fiber head liner.

Last edited:
I stand corrected, a senior moment I think! I do remember that now that you have brought it to light.:rolleyes:
"Their also is no PLATINUM EDITION, there is however the color light Platinum which I have had two of and still own a platinum 06-V."

Not exactly, Bob.

Please refer to the 2008 Cadillac XLR brochure, pg 32 which introduces the XLR Platinum Edition (in six colors, no less.) The Platinum Edition was an enhanced XLR base, and came with I believe, an $86k price tag. It was delivered with a chrome-finish grill, polished 18" aluminum fifteen-spoked wheels, Olive Ash wood, aluminum accents, "Platinum" logo door sill plates, and an alcantra fiber head liner.

platinum editions were also available in 07 ...
so thats 07 08 and 09 for the platinum editions

also note that in 07 they also added a special edition, passion red model of which 200 were made
i think there were special editions in 08 and 09 as well. 08 was white

Last edited:
I thought in 09 any Xlr that wasnt a V was considered a Platinum. So does that mean in 07 and 08 the Platinum was a limited run and there were V's, Platinum's and standards produced?

The base XLR was eliminated in 2009 in favor of the (more expensive) Platinum Edition which made its first appearance in 2007, beside the XLR-V. I think the Escalade was the first Cadillac which had a more premium/expensive Platinum Edition , and then the moniker migrated. There are other limited editions of the XLR, (Nieman Marcus, Black Star, to name a few) but for the XLR, the Platinum Edition was a cost-effective way to charge more for a minimal amount of modification.

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back