Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Help! 2004 replacement key fobs

04 XLR fob again

Really? Might have to try that on my 06.

Hi there,

I'm new to this forum.
Bought a 04 XLR some weeks ago and the pre owner had only one fob.
No problem I thought, I will order a new one... haha :bash:

Now what makes it more complicating: I live in Germany and as I figured out the fobs use a different frequency than
US models. These gm nos should fit:

But nowhere to buy them.
Although this thread is one year old I still think the problem is up to date - for me especially.

Maybe someone tried to copy the fob to a noname product or a Corvette key?!

Hope someone can help me with this... :dunno:

Regards,
Sammy

You can opt for the newer-style fob, (which is more durable anyway) or find the original fobs on ebay. Examples of both are available on ebay.

CC :wave:

I tried. The new style is out of stock, too.
On Ebay you only find the US version, which is 315Mhz. That doesn't work here in Germany.

Your next best alternative is to replace the RCDLR the fob communicates with for a US version.

I have a newer style keyfob that I am selling. Please looknin the for sale section for more details.

SOLD

Last edited:
Hello - This is my first post. I hope someone can help. I have a 2004 XLR and both of my key fobs have broken. I got the p/n numbers from them but it seems wherever I look for replacement ones all the places are out of stock. They have newer versions but I do not know if they would work on my 2004. If anyone knows which if any other would work I would appreciate it.

Hi

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi

Hi Jay...re transponder for your 2004 XLR Go to Ebay search transponder key 2004 XLR...you will find a seller who has 18 blank new ones $70.some dollars each ships in four days.after you have received you will need to have them programmed
To your car.Then look up on google QuickKey and have them to come to your home for programming at about $70..... good luck
b41c882c77cd539dcc9bb53ecb82515e.png
6b845e147c087cedf06d703c52af0e1d.png

Not sure if you checked the thread history before responding to Jay's post when he started this thread over two years ago, but the current member seeking help (Sammy) lives in Germany with minimal dealer support (or QuicKey) --though he might be interested in the eBay find you provided.

Great., thanks. Unfortunately I think this is US frequency too. 315 MHz.

Hi Jay...re transponder for your 2004 XLR Go to Ebay search transponder key 2004 XLR...you will find a seller who has 18 blank new ones $70.some dollars each ships in four days.after you have received you will need to have them programmed
To your car.Then look up on google QuickKey and have them to come to your home for programming at about $70..... good luck
b41c882c77cd539dcc9bb53ecb82515e.png
6b845e147c087cedf06d703c52af0e1d.png

GM/X and GM/S

OK, here are some new information of my fob search:

Found a newer fox with GM/S mark on the back (my old one has GM/X), programmed it the way mentioned in this thread but...
I can start the car by putting it into the box of the glove compartment,
but can not open doors, trunk or use keyless start.

So I think programming succeeded but GM/S don't work on GM/X?
I read here that new fobs work with the old receivers?

I'm left confused...

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back