Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Help! 2004 replacement key fobs

Phil,

They are one of the half dozen that contacted me after I ordered it. Here's what they wrote:

--------------------------
Thank you for ordering parts with us.
We are writing to inform you that order G630079 has been voided. Your order has been voided because of the following reason(s): The ordered part(s) have been discontinued (no longer available) and/or is backordered with no ETA date by the manufacture.

If you have further questions, contact us.

Regards,
Customer Service
GMpartsgiant.com
---------------------------------
Thanks anyway!

Hopefully the difference is the 04 vs 06. I notice they did have a "note" on the page for the 04's. Will see soon I guess.

Phil,

They are one of the half dozen that contacted me after I ordered it. Here's what they wrote:

--------------------------
Thank you for ordering parts with us.
We are writing to inform you that order G630079 has been voided. Your order has been voided because of the following reason(s): The ordered part(s) have been discontinued (no longer available) and/or is backordered with no ETA date by the manufacture.

If you have further questions, contact us.

Regards,
Customer Service
GMpartsgiant.com
---------------------------------
Thanks anyway!

FYI - - Just got email with Tracking Number for shipment so I guess they do have them for 06 at least.

Phil

Sadly, 2004 only works with those two part numbers posted earlier. But you should be fine with your 2006, Phil. It seems the vendors don't know this. It's looking like I'll have to buy a new receiver as posted earlier for $800. Until then, I'll guard the fob I have with my life.

Sadly, 2004 only works with those two part numbers posted earlier. But you should be fine with your 2006, Phil. It seems the vendors don't know this. It's looking like I'll have to buy a new receiver as posted earlier for $800. Until then, I'll guard the fob I have with my life.

I think I'd look for a receiver out of a wrecked 2006+

Good plan, David....I'll put it on my "to do" list. :)

So, I have looked into this, and you can't just swap out the receiver, they have to be programed by the dealership. And I can't find anything that says they can be swapped between models.

I think someone's going to have to actually ask a dealership if the new RCDLR can be swapped and programmed for the old one.

Knowing Caddy prices, it won't be cheap. (that $800 price is probably about right, the RCDLR can be had for about $150). :(

Last edited:
So, I have looked into this, and you can't just swap out the receiver, they have to be programed by the dealership. And I can't find anything that says they can be swapped between models.

I think someone's going to have to actually ask a dealership if the new RCDLR can be swapped and programmed for the old one.

Knowing Caddy prices, it won't be cheap. (that $800 price is probably about right, the RCDLR can be had for about $150). :(

Was too good of an idea to be simple/logical I guess. :(

Interesting that GMpartsgiant.com had part number 15815693 listed as a receiver for the keyless entry system for the 2006 XLR and on GMPartsdirect has the 2005 Corvette receiver listed as part number 15815693. When I enter a 2006 XLR into GMpartsdirect.com, I get part #I25940665, not sure why the difference. I suspect that the change that obsoleted the 2004 unit was due to making the C6 keyless entry and the XLR the same since they were both manufactured in the same factory.
2005 was the first production year for the C6 and included both the HUD and the keyless entry on the C6. I wonder if the Chevy dealer would be able to install and reprogram the RCDLR. It just may mean you have Fobs with the corvette logo on it, but would be easier to get Fobs in the future.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Interesting that GMpartsgiant.com had part number 15815693 listed as a receiver for the keyless entry system for the 2006 XLR and on GMPartsdirect has the 2005 Corvette receiver listed as part number 15815693. When I enter a 2006 XLR into GMpartsdirect.com, I get part #I25940665, not sure why the difference. I suspect that the change that obsoleted the 2004 unit was due to making the C6 keyless entry and the XLR the same since they were both manufactured in the same factory.
2005 was the first production year for the C6 and included both the HUD and the keyless entry on the C6. I wonder if the Chevy dealer would be able to install and reprogram the RCDLR. It just may mean you have Fobs with the corvette logo on it, but would be easier to get Fobs in the future.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Gal at GMpartsgiant told me that the FCC ID# was the important part. Who knows.

2007 XLR fob

I guess it's time for 07 fob to start going out. One of mine #1 is not being recognized and the replacement is$180 at the dealership. Just this month I replaced fuel module, crossover pipe, shift cable, all brake pads, and turned all rotors. The car only has 27,000 miles

I guess it's time for 07 fob to start going out. One of mine #1 is not being recognized and the replacement is$180 at the dealership. Just this month I replaced fuel module, crossover pipe, shift cable, all brake pads, and turned all rotors. The car only has 27,000 miles

Just purchased #1 fob for my 06 last month - from GM Parts Giant - Lowest Price for Genuine GM Parts cost with shipping approx. $73
MAKE SURE YOU CHECK THE PART # on your existing fob before ordering!

10354922TRANSMITTER
[Cadillac | XLR | 2006]

<tbody id="yui_3_16_0_1_1444069992132_11453">
</tbody>

key fob

I guess it's time for 07 fob to start going out. One of mine #1 is not being recognized and the replacement is$180 at the dealership. Just this month I replaced fuel module, crossover pipe, shift cable, all brake pads, and turned all rotors. The car only has 27,000 miles[/Q

All I can say is welcome to the land of XLR:(

key fobs

hi I had same situation I simply went to Cadillac dealership here in the Toronto area and had the same original fobs within 3 days fob 1 and fob 2 up here the price was 225.00 and it took them about half hour to program , they ordered them from the states right at there parts department hope you have good luck

hi I had same situation I simply went to Cadillac dealership here in the Toronto area and had the same original fobs within 3 days fob 1 and fob 2 up here the price was 225.00 and it took them about half hour to program , they ordered them from the states right at there parts department hope you have good luck
You have a 2007. Fobs are abundant for any XLR 2005-2009. The 2004 version, which is NEEDED for a 2004 (the others DON'T work) are impossible to find. They are discontinued. It's a shame that GM bailed on a product that 10 years ago was $76,000. I am embarrassed for General Motors, and now understand why the government needed to rescue these clowns.

I would point out that you probably can swap the guts of a 2004 into the case of the 2005+, if it's not an electronics problem.

The design isn't the best, this rubber wears terribly.

If all you want is a new case, I'd bet any year's housing could be used with 2004 guts, though I haven't tried it.

Plus, if you've tried to order a #1 for a 2004, did you try ordering a #2? A #2 can be reprogrammed to work as a #1 I believe.

I would point out that you probably can swap the guts of a 2004 into the case of the 2005+, if it's not an electronics problem.

The design isn't the best, this rubber wears terribly.

If all you want is a new case, I'd bet any year's housing could be used with 2004 guts, though I haven't tried it.

Plus, if you've tried to order a #1 for a 2004, did you try ordering a #2? A #2 can be reprogrammed to work as a #1 I believe.
Thanks David B.
I've tried as many options as possible. Fob #1 (GM part #10347463) AND fob #2 (GM part #10347464) with no luck. But I'm not ready to give up yet. Time is on my side, and eventually a used one will become available. And, the idea of transferring the guts out of the one I have that works has certainly crossed my mind. But I am not going to risk screwing up the one I have that works by doing that until I track down a spare.

2007 key fob

Thanks ks to all for the input. Got one at the dealer for$179 cited this problem. But what is next is my question? After dumping $3000 this month on this car that only has 27000 miles may need to trade it for a Volkswagen diesel.

Thanks ks to all for the input. Got one at the dealer for$179 cited this problem. But what is next is my question? After dumping $3000 this month on this car that only has 27000 miles may need to trade it for a Volkswagen diesel.

Sorry you paid so much. Guess you missed my post from above:

just purchased #1 fob for my 06 last month - from GM Parts Giant - Lowest Price for Genuine GM Parts cost with shipping approx. $73

10354922TRANSMITTER
[Cadillac | XLR | 2006]

<tbody>
</tbody>

Sorry you paid so much. Guess you missed my post from above:

just purchased #1 fob for my 06 last month - from GM Parts Giant - Lowest Price for Genuine GM Parts cost with shipping approx. $73

10354922TRANSMITTER
[Cadillac | XLR | 2006]

<tbody>
</tbody>
No but headed out on trip so I had time constraints. Thanks next time I have a problem rest assures that I will come to the forum before going to the dealership. Thanks again. Gary

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom