Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

2004 XLR doors trunk lid locked up

EJW 71

My 2004 XLR wasn't driven for four days. Went to use it and doors and deck lid locked. Inserted key in rear bumper slot, nothing happened. Car has new battery. The fob is new maybe battery in fob is already bad? I had doors programed to remain unlocked. Any ideas? Ed

EJW, I see you just joined and are you aware that when you put the key in the bumper that the trunk just doesn't pop up ? You really need a second person to lift it. At least that's the way mine works.
John F.

EJW, I see you just joined and are you aware that when you put the key in the bumper that the trunk just doesn't pop up ? You really need a second person to lift it. At least that's the way mine works.
John F.

If (and I do mean if), if everything is working correctly, using the key engages the pump and the deck lid lifts automatically. However, if there is a fault, it has to be raised by hand. The geometry of the key location and effort required to raise the deck lid by hand is such that it is a two person matter.

If (and I do mean if), if everything is working correctly, using the key engages the pump and the deck lid lifts automatically. However, if there is a fault, it has to be raised by hand. The geometry of the key location and effort required to raise the deck lid by hand is such that it is a two person matter.

Usually, if the electronics don't engage and lift the trunk lid as you describe, 99% of the time the battery is weak/dead

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom