Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

2005 Blue Steel owner! New member

Zander916

Hello everyone!

I got a killer deal as part of an inheritance.

Blue Steel
45,xxx miles.
All stock.

I really love it! It's still taking some getting used to people staring at me. LOL
I know mine is going to need either new rotors or to have them resurfaced. Seat is a little smashed down from them getting out. Once I correct those two things it'll be tip top!

Congtrats and welcome to the forum. Post up some pics when you get a chance!

Great car! Welcome! Sorry your loved one died....

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

Thank you!

I'll try to get some pics up soon. I've been too busy driving. Haha

Welcome to the forum. The best advise I can give is to read the owners manual front to back. This is a complex vehicle with many bells and whistles. Reading the OM is the only real way to master this great car. Good luck, there are many willing folks here to help you with ANY questions that you might have.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Welcome To The Club

Cool. :cool: Yes these cars can occasionally make you crazy, but they sure are neat. Rare compared to similar cars due to relatively limited production numbers. Biggest single issue? Not keeping them on a battery tender and charged up and or not having a good strong battery. When they loose voltage, they go nuts. :bash:

Welcome

Due to low miles, age, and some neglect. I had some work done yesterday.
The brakes needed some work.
All fluids changed. (Brake, steering, coolant, oil, trans)
Fuel injection cleaning
Tires balanced

The trans and steering fluids were particularly bad. The steering does feel sharper and I used to get some torque converter lockup shudder. That's gone now also.
Next is the weather strip by the triangle Windows and it'll be all good!

These are not the best pictures but here's a few.

20a4a47.jpg

2d0xmqf.jpg

125nukm.jpg

2rhlpqw.jpg

30ivp7m.jpg

Beautiful Car : )

Due to low miles, age, and some neglect. I had some work done yesterday.
The brakes needed some work.
All fluids changed. (Brake, steering, coolant, oil, trans)
Fuel injection cleaning
Tires balanced

The trans and steering fluids were particularly bad. The steering does feel sharper and I used to get some torque converter lockup shudder. That's gone now also.
Next is the weather strip by the triangle Windows and it'll be all good!

These are not the best pictures but here's a few.

20a4a47.jpg

2d0xmqf.jpg

125nukm.jpg

2rhlpqw.jpg

30ivp7m.jpg
I think the pictures are pretty darn nice. :) What a great looking car! Crazy isn't it. When they 'sit' it seems stuff just goes wrong all by itself. Have never figured this out. I.e., how can stuff break from sitting? Oil seals, yes. But mechanical stuff? Ex. I now have to replace the front wheel bearing hubs on mine and it only has 35K miles on it. Also dried out I guess. Go figure? :confused:

the gaskets and weatherstrips on the XLR can be quite expensive.
i did alot fo research and found this stuff to be highly recommended. bmw and benz owners use it on their convertibles.
i got some and tried it on the XLR, and can recommend it also.

handy applicator is nice too, its kinda like a liquid shoe polish foam tip. perfect for putting on just the right amount.

Amazon.com: nextzett 91480615 'Gummi Pflege Stift' Rubber Care Stick - 3.4 fl. oz: Automotive

Thanks everyone!

I used to do my own brakes and things of that nature but I've gotten tired of working much on my own cars. It depends what it is though or what mood I'm in. Well, in a couple of months I'll have my own garage (it's in a storage garage now) and that might change some things.
It's getting new valve cover gaskets now. I'm sure they just dried up. The vin check showed that it'd only been driven 3,000 miles in the last 5 years!!!
That's going to change. :)

I plan on keeping the maintenance up, keep records of it, and keep it clean!

Last edited:

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back