Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

2005 Steel Blue FOR SALE

Mountsberg, Ontario, Ca., winters: Port Charlotte
My XLR/V(s)
2009 XLR Crystal Red Metalic
Out for an Easter Sunday drive and we spotted this Blue Steel 05 'California car' for sale in a car lot of a smaller dealer that deals in lots of Vettes, sports & performance cars in Englewood, Florida. If any forum member is interested I would be more than happy to check out the car further, double check all the systems, take for a test drive etc but negotiations would be up to you. Dealer was closed, just stopped, looked quickly and took these photos. Very bright sun today but the paint etc looks very good, I felt under the front nose area and did not feel any damage. Some headlight issues - both sides but especially the passenger side has very bad melting that was an issue with the 04 & 05's and if it were mine I would certainly get a headlight restoration buffing kit to brighten up the lenses. Also missing the driver side head light squirter cover. The car seems to be in excellent overall condition but as you can see by the write-up, they did some recent work. By the driver window bottom gasket I am wondering if the car had seen a certain amount of outside storage, it is sun faded and needs attention. With under 63 thousand miles I wonder what happened that it needed a new wiring harness: perhaps someone had try to steal it? rodent damage? or wiring short and melt down? Anyway, the ball is in your court if interested. Certainly a very nice car. PM me if you want me to look closer.

Attachments

• 20180401_122044.jpg
    20180401_122044.jpg
    130.1 KB · Views: 348
  • 20180401_122001.jpg
    20180401_122001.jpg
    130.7 KB · Views: 353
  • 20180401_122118.jpg
    20180401_122118.jpg
    126.5 KB · Views: 347
  • 20180401_122128.jpg
    20180401_122128.jpg
    123.9 KB · Views: 348
  • 20180401_122250.jpg
    20180401_122250.jpg
    127.8 KB · Views: 353
  • 20180401_121934.jpg
    20180401_121934.jpg
    122.5 KB · Views: 372
Last edited:
Nice color!

There are some beautiful colors on XLRs and that is one of them! :thumbsup

When I was looking to purchase an XLR many years ago, my #1 choice was for one in Crimson Pearl. Fortunately I found exactly what I wanted.

However, Blue Steel was my back-up choice.

I have a Tahoe Premier in what they call Satin Steel, which is simular but definitely not identical.

There are some beautiful colors on XLRs and that is one of them! :thumbsup

When I was looking to purchase an XLR many years ago, my #1 choice was for one in Crimson Pearl. Fortunately I found exactly what I wanted.

However, Blue Steel was my back-up choice.

I have a Tahoe Premier in what they call Satin Steel, which is simular but definitely not identical.

I was not even familiar with this color when I was shopping for mine. I saw it for the first time at one of our XLT-net gatherings. I tend to go for 'strong colors' like our 'fast red ones' but really like this color as well: very different from all the 'same-same' colors (like our reds....lol) and it really shows the lines of the X well.

Speaking of color (or colour if you are Canadian like me...lol).....

For those who are not familiar with Blue Steel: I know computer monitors are not true to reality. On my computer monitor the color of the photos does not truly reflect the actual color look 'to the eye'. To me it is has a far more mauve/grey vibe to it although it is definitely blue and not mauve. Having said this; the name Blue Steel is obviously a well chosen name for the color.

Out for an Easter Sunday drive and we spotted this Blue Steel 05 'California car' for sale in a car lot of a smaller dealer that deals in lots of Vettes, sports & performance cars in Englewood, Florida. If any forum member is interested I would be more than happy to check out the car further, double check all the systems, take for a test drive etc but negotiations would be up to you. Dealer was closed, just stopped, looked quickly and took these photos. Very bright sun today but the paint etc looks very good, I felt under the front nose area and did not feel any damage. Some headlight issues - both sides but especially the passenger side has very bad melting that was an issue with the 04 & 05's and if it were mine I would certainly get a headlight restoration buffing kit to brighten up the lenses. Also missing the driver side head light squirter cover. The car seems to be in excellent overall condition but as you can see by the write-up, they did some recent work. By the driver window bottom gasket I am wondering if the car had seen a certain amount of outside storage, it is sun faded and needs attention. With under 63 thousand miles I wonder what happened that it needed a new wiring harness: perhaps someone had try to steal it? rodent damage? or wiring short and melt down? Anyway, the ball is in your court if interested. Certainly a very nice car. PM me if you want me to look closer.
B o o so careful of flood damage that's all
jerz

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry