Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

2005 Wood Dash

R

rbweddle

I would like to add a wooden front dash piece for my 2005. I have seen several kits on-line but only need the radio/AC front piece in Eucalypis light wood. Any recommendations? Bruce

When I first bought my 07 I tried to get a dash wood kit and found that most suppliers had quit selling them for the XLR's. When I called a couple I got the same answer--they had problems matching the factory wood and ending up with kits being returned so they quit carrying them.

If you are adventurous, water transfer printing looks really amazing. You have to remove the parts you want done, but the results are really good. Look into it, they do woods, metals, carbon fiber, etc.
Bruce

Wood Trim

I am looking to do the same to my 04 have you found

any solutions
I would like to add a wooden front dash piece for my 2005. I have seen several kits on-line but only need the radio/AC front piece in Eucalypis light wood. Any recommendations? Bruce

I am looking to do the same to my 04 have you found

any solutions

Replacing the center dash piece is not enough - the '06-'09 have a different HVAC control box (edges are more rounded than on the '04/'05 models). I believe Rich (Homegameroom) did this modification - maybe he could chime in (or maybe PM him).

Chiming in! :wave:

The A/C control faceplate is indeed shaped slightly different on the XLR's with an aluminum faceplate versus the wood faceplate, but the guts are perfectly interchangeable. I got an 06 eucalyptus faceplate and an 06 AC control and swapped the guts out with my original AC controls. They fit perfectly-no modification necessary.

Chiming in! :wave:

The A/C control faceplate is indeed shaped slightly different on the XLR's with an aluminum faceplate versus the wood faceplate, but the guts are perfectly interchangeable. I got an 06 eucalyptus faceplate and an 06 AC control and swapped the guts out with my original AC controls. They fit perfectly-no modification necessary.
Did you replace the all a/c unit or just the faceplate, front? Did anyone modified the wood piece (06) to fit the a/c (05) unit? If so how was it done.
Tks peter

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back