Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

GM Press Release 2005 xlr fuel pumps

lamancha

My XLR/V(s)
2005 red metallic xlr
We have been having crack no start. Have it towed in when unloaded starts. Nothing located. Now towed in again this week they are saying it could be fuel pumps and fuel pump modular. We are at wits ends. Could it just be fuel pumps only. When be driven no missing or cutting out. Has there ever been recall on these pumps.

We have been having crack no start. Have it towed in when unloaded starts. Nothing located. Now towed in again this week they are saying it could be fuel pumps and fuel pump modular. We are at wits ends. Could it just be fuel pumps only. When be driven no missing or cutting out. Has there ever been recall on these pumps.
I have an 05 and in my experience the fuel pump doesn't tease you like what you're going through. When mine went, it didn't restart. Had it towed to the dealer and after 3 days I was rolling and no issues since.
Others on here found a ground wire to be the culprit. Do a search on this forum to get answers that just may help.
PS, there was a recall on these pumps years ago but is no longer valid. You'll be paying out of pocket if you don't have an extended warranty. Not cheap...

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

cracking

ok thanks but just wondering which ground wire you are referring to? We have had the car 6 yrs and I know that the fuel pumps have not been replaced. We have scratched our heads on this at the dealer. When we get a crack and would not start for some reason when it is towed in and they unload it, it starts right up. They keep for a couple of days and find nothing.

Go to tapatalk search and fuel pump ground wire. Should find the conversation on there.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

Hi..I just did a thread about a fuel pump problem called DEAD IN THE WATER...still an ongoing issue for for me but as usual a lot of the fellow forum members have given their thoughts..including where that ground is..
Check out the thread..may help you ..
I lost power ..got it to a dealer and they were unable to find issue but my baby always started..in shop as we speak
Hope this is some help to you...

Sent from my LG-H910 using Tapatalk

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry