Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

2006 cadillac xlr driver seat switch bezel cashmere / shale

jts442

My XLR/V(s)
2006 Cadillac XLR - Base
Hi all,
I'm looking for a driver seat switch bezel, tan in color (cashmere or shale) and a black passenger sun visor, the mirror lid plastic hinge on the visor is cracked on one side, if anyone out there can help with that would be Awesome.
I bought this 2006 xlr about 6 weeks ago, so far I have had to replace the radiator and stereo, now the only thig I can see that needs attention is the driver seat switch bezel and the passenger sun visor mirror.
Let's hope that's it for replacing parts for a long while.
I'm hoping someone has a parts car with a good sun visor and tattered seat that can salvage the switch trim bezel.
Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
Hi all,
I'm looking for a driver seat switch bezel, tan in color (cashmere or shale) and a black passenger sun visor, the mirror lid plastic hinge on the visor is cracked on one side, if anyone out there can help with that would be Awesome.
I bought this 2006 xlr about 6 weeks ago, so far I have had to replace the radiator and stereo, now the only thig I can see that needs attention is the driver seat switch bezel and the passenger sun visor mirror.
Let's hope that's it for replacing parts for a long while.
I'm hoping someone has a parts car with a good sun visor and tattered seat that can salvage the switch trim bezel.
Thanks in advance.

Hi. I think the part you're looking for for the "switch bezel" is GM Part No. 88991572 (called "Outer cover")

2004-2006 Cadillac XLR Outer Cover 88991572 | OEM GM Parts

88991572 | eBay

You should try Ebay I've had luck with finding parts there. Salvage yards list parts they have available and usually show the donor car. Even if your part isn't listed you should contact them to see if they have the part. I'm looking for A courtesy lamp #10384584 can't find it yet.

A couple of buyers have bought the door panel complete to get the light . Most parts sellers are not going to remove it and if they do most likely will break it taking it off. Hopefully that may be a item that someone makes in the future as they are not going to get any better with age.

the light itself uses a peanut 194 bulb easy to find and cheap.. the lens are what crack and fall off thats what people look for. the lens is part of the light and comes all together. I have seen them sell for $250
.I spent time looking for a replacement but did not find anything that could be adapted and look good. .maybe you can

If I do I will be sure to let you know. I'm working on the lights in the rearview mirror now. I just ordered some bulbs off of ebay that are supposed to be compatible. So far I've put new plugs in it, a new air mass sensor , plus the assembly that holds it in place, floor mats, center console cover, new radio and amp. and a new lower grill. Yet to be done is send my Hydraulic pump for the top out to be rebuilt, TPMS tire sensors and shocks. It's turning out to be quite a project.

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom