Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

2007 XLR V

DTPantera

Hi eveyone,

Great website and excellent support. I just purchased a 2007 XLR V with 12,200 miles. Right off the bat had problems with emissions in Las Vegas. Car had been sitting for months and everyone thought here the car needs to be driven, but no. A rat ate one of the sensor wires going to the fuel tank. $2200. later it's good to go. Very happy with the car and I look forward to sharing ownership with you.
Now, be easy on me but my company did the lighting on this car, I know tail lights, not real sure about the headlights. I've worked in the industry for 43 years and I've seen the technology advance, as usual
Anyway, glad to be here.
Originally from Louisiana, so I'm a LSU Tiger and Saint's fan!!
I also have a 1971 De Tomaso Pantera, 600 HP and an animal, likes going sideways more than forward.

Great to have another XLR owner here with us in this awesome XLR forum with amazing people! Some of us named our rides, my 2005 was name Roxy for being so foxy.... LOL Enjoy your new to you toy, as we all here do!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Welcome to the forum. Love your 'sideways' comment on the Pantera: sounds like fun to me!

I take it your 'lights' are different from stock on you car?: I could not seem to find any photos of your car. However: if your car has 'different from stock' parts on it, that is just fine. Yes, I like my X stock (for now) but the reality is that parts are impossible to find and we may all be driving 'alternate' mods in the near future. If anyone says different here on this forum they are 'idiots' and should keep their opinions in to them self and stay in 'their mom's basement' where they already are.... and they and their opinions belong! :laugh:

Anyway, looking forward to seeing your car and perhaps we will meet sometime in the future! :burnout:
Sandy G

Hi Sandy,

I've only had my car for a week and then I had to leave. I work mostly out of the US and plan on some changes. My headlamps look brand new but I am planning to go to canbus LED's to replace the high intenisty and LED's for the running light and fog lights. The UV coating on my lens is still in real good shape. I bought some UV blocker polish from Chemical Guy's that I plan on using on a regular basis. I'll be returning on the 20th and plan on installing the new lighting sitting at the house. The HID bulbs generate a tremendous amount of heat, even using less wattage it's still hotter than a halogen. I'm just trying to be a little proactive and plus I live in Vegas, UV capital. lol
Thanks for the reply!

DTPantera, Welcome to the group and you will really enjoy your new ride. I pass through Vegas at least twice a year travelling from Palm Springs to Calgary. Maybe we will meet one of these days. I have an 07 V and it has been a real fun car.
John F.

DTPantera, Welcome to the group and you will really enjoy your new ride. I pass through Vegas at least twice a year travelling from Palm Springs to Calgary. Maybe we will meet one of these days. I have an 07 V and it has been a real fun car.
John F.
Please let me know when you come through, thanks for the comment!

Welcome : )

Other than a rodent chewing up some wiring/sensor sounds like you found a really nice one. Please post some pictures of your XLR and The De Tomaso Pantera. If I recall correctly, the Pantera's were sold originally at Lincoln Dealerships. Very cool car and pretty rare as not many were made. Think it had a 351 CI V8 if I recall correctly? Like The AC Cobra, a Beast & really scary car to drive due to the light weight and huge H.P. Years ago I drove a friends 427 Cobra. In a gradual turn on a dry dual lane in a slight curve, I hardly touched the gas in 3rd gear and did a 360* in the middle of the highway. Scared the 'stuff' out of me! Luckily there was no nearby or adjacent on-coming traffic. Limped it back to his garage and handed him the keys relieved I didn't break it.

Again, welcome to The XLR Forum. :wave:

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back