Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

2008 For Sale, Venice Florida

Mountsberg, Ontario, Ca., winters: Port Charlotte
My XLR/V(s)
2009 XLR Crystal Red Metalic
Just stopped by my local Cadillac dealer and they just got in a 2008 XLR, Crystal Red Tintcoat. It has 19,500 miles (I forget actual number) not a Platinum package but it has Chrome wheels, cashmere interior. From what I could see it is a VERY nice car, paint looked great etc. It was up on a hoist with the wheels off. At Crest Cadillac they sell all their used Cadillacs with a 'Crest Cadillac Certification' which includes brake jobs and new tires all around (along with other things) It is not really posted on their web site yet, no pictures etc.

Asking $54,900. Crest Cadillac,Venice Florida. 1-800-921-8080 or call our rep, John Oulton (cell) 941-223-9190, tell him Sandy sent you!

If you are truly interested and would have to buy sight-unseen I would be willing to go and look it over closer and test drive, put top up and top down, take some real good pictures etc. Just Private Message me. I am not affifliated with this dealer and would not benefit from this but I would be happy to do this for a fellow enthusiast! Heck, I love helping someone else spend their money! ;)

WOW, I am really disappointed! :dunno:
This has been posted for three days and no one has asked me to go test drive this car for them........ :(

They can ask anything they want. What someone is willing to pay that can be another issue sometimes.

When I was shopping for a 2008 last year, I found more than a dozen with asking prices under $50k, including 2 with under 20,000 miles for less than $45k. Bought the Crystal Red Platinum one.

Today, for $45k there are two 2008's on autotrader with 12,000 and 19,000 miles...

It's a good thing that I love Lola so much because these cars certainly haven't held their value :pat:

It's a good thing that I love Lola so much because these cars certainly haven't held their value :pat:

I've said it before, but the resale price of these cars don't begin to reflect the value to the owners!!

While I didn't buy my 2004 or trade it in for a 2008 in the expectation that someday it will be worth collector-car prices, I think there is a possibility that prices may bottom out and start back up in another 5-10 years or so.

Very much will depend on maintainability once we are all out of any significant service contract coverage. Fortunately, one of the most complex bits -- the top -- seems to have emerged as largely a non-issue once it's been sorted by a good tech. If the shocks aren't unique to the XLR, servicing the suspension shouldn't be an issue. My biggest worry for long term viability is whether or not the Northstars will start leaking fluids from every pore.

I hope the 2006s are close to reaching the bottom. I paid $26,700 for my 2006 with 40k miles on it in unbelievable shape. Not even a few rock dings on the front. I found 2004 and 2005 models priced higher. I'd hate to see it be worth $16k in a few years in the same shape.

My wife bought a Infinity QX56 about a year ago for $22k and has grown tired of it. At the time it was priced less than any others we could find within 300 miles. Today I see them selling for $18k. That's a horrible price drop in a year.

I hope the 2006s are close to reaching the bottom. I paid $26,700 for my 2006 with 40k miles on it in unbelievable shape. Not even a few rock dings on the front. I found 2004 and 2005 models priced higher. I'd hate to see it be worth $16k in a few years in the same shape.

My wife bought a Infinity QX56 about a year ago for $22k and has grown tired of it. At the time it was priced less than any others we could find within 300 miles. Today I see them selling for $18k. That's a horrible price drop in a year.

Actually @$350/mo for depreciation that is not too bad. Also you have to remember the price of gas is going up and I am sure the IQX56 is not the most fuel efficient vehicle on the road. Probably has an impact on resale value at the moment.

WOW, I am really disappointed! :dunno:
This has been posted for three days and no one has asked me to go test drive this car for them........ :(

your post def caught my eye but the asking price is out of my range. I posted a wanted thread already with what I'm looking for. If only the one you found was 10k less lol.

If only the one you found was 10k less lol.[/QUOTE]

I have not been near the dealership for 2 or 3 weeks, if they still have it you may be able to deal with them. :dunno: Give them a call, if interested, my offer still stands to go check it out further and test drive it etc. ;)

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom