Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

2009 fender vents

Mac43

My XLR/V(s)
2006 silver v
does anyone know if every 09' came with the fender vents?
I heard that some were produced without them.. is this true, would like confirmation.
Thank you

does anyone know if every 09' came with the fender vents?
I heard that some were produced without them.. is this true, would like confirmation.
Thank you

Yes, that is true - the early ones were produced without the vents (but have the new front facia and rear cover).

Here is one for sale at cars.com

2009 Cadillac XLR V, $57,896 - Cars.com

At the Redezvous in Bowling Green when Cadillac introduced the 2009 model, they had a few early production models that did not have the vent installed. At that time, there was still discussion as to the vents, whether they would be vents, no vents, an option, etc. They had a few 2009 model cars on display without vents. They ended up making the 2009 model with vents, but there had been a few made without. I am sure that the few made without vents are out there somewhere.

...from a blonde's perspective

Heck, I own a 2009 and did not know that! :dunno: I am wondering how many went out without the vents?

It is all those little styling ques that made me insist I find a 2009 over the other years.....just so I would be different.....even though it cost me extra money for being so egotistical! There certainly are low mile, babied cars out there in older model years to be had - at a purchase price savings!

insist I find a 2009 over the other years.....just so I would be different.....even though it cost me extra money for being so egotistical!

Egotistical......really? Sounds like good taste to me.... The 09s are special indeed and deserve to be viewed accordingly! You chose wisely and it shows....
AWESOME!!!

Steve

Interesting, I saw one the other day and the owner swore it was an '09, and it didn't have the vents. I thought he was mistaken.
Bruce

There are very few that did not have vents. If it is a 2009 then it would have the front and rear body panels, the raised hood and exhaust tips of the 2009. It would recognizable as a 2009 even if it didn't have vents.

Thanks for info everyone

Do the 2009 side fender vents fit on a 2004?

If so, does anyone know the part number?

Thanks,
Ted

I would guess that you could buy the vents and just make the cut outs and install them. They are just for looks and aren't functional anyway.

I would guess that you could buy the vents and just make the cut outs and install them. They are just for looks and aren't functional anyway.

I just found the part numbers for the vents, they where less then $100 for the pair.
The diagram was not very clear about installation.
You said "just make the cut outs", so I guess they just don't bolt on.
This is job for a body shop then?
Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks,
Ted

Correct, they don't bolt on. They are installed in cut out openings. I would think that a body shop would need to do it.

Correct, they don't bolt on. They are installed in cut out openings. I would think that a body shop would need to do it.

Mine have a couple small tabs and a line of double sided foam tape all the way around the perimeter holding then on.

You can make them functional but it requires some cutting of fiberglass in the engine compartment and some creative ducting in the fender. Between that and removing the rubber padding for the hood along the windshield, my engine runs 4-10 degrees cooler at speed.

Mine have a couple small tabs and a line of double sided foam tape all the way around the perimeter holding then on.

You can make them functional but it requires some cutting of fiberglass in the engine compartment and some creative ducting in the fender. Between that and removing the rubber padding for the hood along the windshield, my engine runs 4-10 degrees cooler at speed.

I located the vents at GMPartsDirect.com (GM Part #'s 25851720 & 25851721) are these the ones you have and do they come with the tabs & double sided foam tape?

Thanks for your help,
Ted

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry