Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

2009 Production Numbers

To the best of my knowledge, they have not been released yet. I'm not sure if they are still building out the current model year, or if they ended 2009 production all together.

Let me check and I'll post back.

-Rob

2009 Production

I can't verify this, but I heard a whopping total of 221 were made. Don't know the split on XLR or XLR-V's or color combinations. Perhaps Cadillac Tech would be able to find out from his sources at the plant eventually.

In the article where I saw this, they showed total production from the 2004 model to 2009 model at 16,250 or threr abouts.Very wery sad :ugh::ugh::ugh:

Hey, just think, we have one of 16,000 XLR's made in 6 years. That's almost 3,000 a year which makes are cars unique.................Well, I guess we all knew that.
I can't verify this, but I heard a whopping total of 221 were made. Don't know the split on XLR or XLR-V's or color combinations. Perhaps Cadillac Tech would be able to find out from his sources at the plant eventually.

In the article where I saw this, they showed total production from the 2004 model to 2009 model at 16,250 or threr abouts.Very wery sad :ugh::ugh::ugh:

Bruce

What was the total production number for the XLR?

Also, as soon as you hear what the 2009 production numbers were for the Platinum and the V please let us know.

Thanks

Todd

Bruce

What was the total production number for the XLR?

Also, as soon as you hear what the 2009 production numbers were for the Platinum and the V please let us know.

Thanks

Todd
Looking for a new car for Coyote Karen. ;)

We were told, 881 XLRs for '09. The last one was built on April 30th. It was a Light Platinum/Cashmere Platinum Edition.

Total production for 2009 was 892. I'm in the process of acquiring the numbers per option as has been posted in the past.

Hang tight...

Just another update on the production numbers: I have been in touch with the gentleman that's responsible for compiling those numbers, but due to the on/off schedule of the BG Assembly plant, and the fact that they are closing tomorrow for another two weeks, he won't have the numbers for a little while.

As soon as he gets them to me, I'll put them up here on the site.

On our way to San Antonio, my contact at the plant told me the total production number for 2003 thru 2009 was 16,652.

Kathy :patriot:

Thanks for the numbers... Is there anywhere I can find out how many of the cars were built and exported overseas?

It was kind of sad to see how the numbers of XLR-V's produced was far south of 3K total (2188). I thought the total number was 3K. The year 2006 was by far the biggest year with 1147 and then the numbers fall off significantly each year until 2009 with only 239 produced.

Thanks for the numbers... Is there anywhere I can find out how many of the cars were built and exported overseas?

It was kind of sad to see how the numbers of XLR-V's produced was far south of 3K total (2188). I thought the total number was 3K. The year 2006 was by far the biggest year with 1147 and then the numbers fall off significantly each year until 2009 with only 239 produced.

It's listed in the bottom of that page - 13 units - selling division #72.

XLR Halo

While the production numbers are low there not so low verses the price of the car you would think Cadillac would keep the XLR as a "Halo Cadillac". They wouldnt have to have it in the showroom you could order it. We should all email them and ask that they reconsider? It is such a beautiful unique car really hate to see it go.

Fred

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back