Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

2009 xlr/v tilt and telescopic steering not working

piddler

My XLR/V(s)
2009 red xlr/v
Long story but I will keep it short. All started when remote #2 would not let drivers seat escape when door open. Remote #1 work fine. Friend brought scan tool over and read code, had a few but nothing big, cleared them. Run scan, it did not find as many modules as before. Seat still will not escape. He ran a test on system, wheel tilts, but did not see it go in and out. Went to inputs, tool shows a input to tilt and telescope, but now not showing a output to make them work. It is like the computer is not telling it to tilt and telescope, but computer is getting a input. We disconnected the battery and grounded the pos side for about 5 min, tryed it again, still the same problem. With fob #1, everything works and changes settings but wheel will not tilt or move in and out. He is going to do some reading and come back tonight. Anybody got any "try this" ideas. The tilt and telescope worked before he cleared codes and ran test. It is kinda like it stayed in test mode.

I have the seat escape working now, all systems are normal, but the computer seems to not send the command (output) the the tilt and telescope.
For you program guys, is there something in the GM program that would turn the outputs off. The scan tool we used does not have the ability to
change a GM program.
Thanks

Steering wheel position for exit and entry is retained in the driver door module under the seat. Check the connector under the steering column first.

Last edited:

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back