Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!
  • The Cadillac XLR Net is now on instagram! Follow Us!

6 disc cd changer will not accept discs

WHITEWILLYXLR8

My XLR/V(s)
2008 ALPINE WHITE XLR #954
I live about an hours drive north of Tampa Florida. I have a 2008 XLR with a non functioning 6 disc cd changer. It will not accept cd discs. None of the Cadillac dealerships near me can help me. They claim that no parts are available to them and can't direct me to anyone that repairs the changer locally. I checked You-Tube to see if I could repair it myself, but it is a bit too intricate for me to tackle with the little springs and my big fingers. If I could find a replacement unit I might be able to switch out the old non-working one. It doesn't look too difficult to remove, but I would prefer having someone with XLR knowledge of fixing it. Any help with this would be appreciated. Thanks.

Last edited:

hawkeye372

Seasoned Member
My XLR/V(s)
2006 infrared xlr
I’ve tried a couple times to load a cd in the cd changer. I do hit load and all it does is make some clicking sound. So I really don’t want to try it anymore. I don’t want to take the chance of loosing one of my cds.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

IAN

Seasoned Member
My XLR/V(s)
2004 silver XLR
Radio/CD problem

HI WWXLR

Try to clean the interior device, it is a disc with brushes, it is not expensive for a try.

If that do no work, ask on your local internet google, for a professional radio repairs shop.

A Cadillac dealer is not qualified for that kind of repair, and he can not .
help in getting a repair shop for you.

Best luck.

IAN:wave:

pure zen

Seasoned Member
My XLR/V(s)
2005 Crimson Pearl XLR
I’ve tried a couple times to load a cd in the cd changer. I do hit load and all it does is make some clicking sound. So I really don’t want to try it anymore. I don’t want to take the chance of loosing one of my cds.

Same here,,,,lost Cds stuck within. Did the Google search,,,found a YouTube take-it-apart video that looked much too complicated for me to attempt. :pat:

Fbeaver

My XLR/V(s)
2006 Black Raven and Shale XLR-V
You can remove your navigation DVD and use the DVD player to play CD’s. Only issue is you have to be stopped in order for the tilt button to work if you want to put in a different CD.

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win a Cadillac CTS-V!

Cadillac CTS-V Dream Giveaway

Supporting Vendors

East Coast Used XLR Parts

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Top Bottom