Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

84 year old veteran sniper

I'm a former Marine Sniper and am 72 and I still take my .30 Cal. M1 Garand Rifle and my 7.5X55 mm (actually it is also a .30 Cal. too but a much higher muzzle velocity.) Schmidt Rubin Sniper Rifle out to the range every chance I get.

Well that is good to know, next time we have a gathering I will stay close to you and know I am in a safe place! :worship:

Well that is good to know, next time we have a gathering I will stay close to you and know I am in a safe place! :worship:

Thank you for the confidence but those rifles you don't want to use in a crowd. One shoot from either one of them would go through about 5 people.
That's why I don't carry them around the country. ;-) ;-)
For crowd situations, I'd prefer my lever action 45-70. It's only effective up to 50 yards but it will bring down an Elephant at that distance.
Please don't think of me as "Dangerous Person", I have never hurt nor injured a living being with any of my 15 different weapons. I prefer target shooting and seeing how small of a pattern I can maintain. I don't have any Shot Guns because all you have to do with them is 'Point-n-Shoot'. I do have 'Snake Shot' for my Snub-nosed .38 that I've carried with me on Amateur Radio hill top events but I never used it as all the snakes I encountered were non-venomous and i would just move them out of the way.

Oorah!

I'm a former Marine Sniper and am 72 and I still take my .30 Cal. M1 Garand Rifle and my 7.5X55 mm (actually it is also a .30 Cal. too but a much higher muzzle velocity.) Schmidt Rubin Sniper Rifle out to the range every chance I get.

Oorah, devil dog.... Oorah!

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back