Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

C

cor383

Well I have 90,000 miles on my 05 and she is running great. I plan to have 100K by years end as driving this beauty is a lot of fun and I am constiantly having to stop and tell people what it is and all about the car. Cool! I plan to replace the carpets soon as a few stains have shown up. I found out all about the rev limiter when challanging a porsch the other day. scary! what is the opinion of the xlr owners about servicing the car at the 90 k mark. Plugs, belts ect, any thoughts? well its 65 degrees out side and the top is coming down and heading to see a pretty girl for late lunch. have a good day all

It's really good to hear that you are enjoying your XLR so much. If you'd like to make a road trip up to Indiana, I could help you with your service needs. :)
90k would be a good time to replace the spark plugs, service the transmission (filter,fluid & pan gasket) and check belts, pulleys, water pump and brakes. There isn't a fuel filter you can replace (unless you want to change the intank fuel pump). Enjoy the ride!:cool:

Good for you. I just turned 96000 on mine and she is running great also. I had an Allante before this that I sold with 320000 miles and she was still running great. I changed the plugs and wires at 225000 and 10 years old just because I figured it was past time and I really didn't see any difference. Same with strut's, 230000 miles just because and I didn't see any difference either. These new cars will run a long time if you just take care of them. They all have there flaws that wil.l break but you fix them when they do and go on. I have always believed the best thing for a car is to drive it and drive it alot.

That's funny. When I started writing the last post there was no other replies. Apparently Cadillac tech and I were writing at the same time. Although I am not big on plugs real soon He is correct about the belts hoses and trans fluid. I've done all those already. I really believe in fluid changes and belts, hoses and battery. If you ever have a failure of any of then it's your own fault, They are cheap and they will stop you in your tracks. Bruce knows his stuff and I would trust what he says completely.

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom