Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

A Perfect XLR for Tiffany's Dad

Quinn

Seasoned Member
My XLR/V(s)
2007 Black XLR-V
David and I were looking at a used SRX at a nearby dealership (we bought it - 2009 Crystal Red - to replace the old mom minivan) when we saw this in their showroom:

http://www.***anautomotive.net/Vehi...-XLR-2dr_Convertible-Janesville-WI/1865912913

The special edition Beach Boys Brian Wilson XLR. It looks sooo FUN!!! The paint is the type that changes from blue to deep purple depending upon the angle you view it from. And look at the pics of the custom interior...

We think it belongs with Marc and Missy Bling! Buy it and David will sing any Beach Boys song you request. :twist:

~Quinn and DD

I can't get this link to load ... but would love to see the pictures .... sounds pretty dang sweet! :cool:

corrected link

sorry, I can't seem to copy the link and make it work - for some reason xlr-net must think it's a naughty word or something
the dealership is in Janesville, WI

F A G A N Automotive (no spaces in the name)

guess you'll have to search for it once you get to the website - don't know why it's not working...

Googled the dealer and found the link, couldn't get it to work by pasting it hrer either. It appears to be the same 'Toffolo Blue" with interior mods. Only 5,611 miles!!

Congrats on the new to you SRX!!

Was this the one. 05 but dealer website says 6k miles. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1354470381.454669.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

David and I were looking at a used SRX at a nearby dealership (we bought it - 2009 Crystal Red - to replace the old mom minivan) when we saw this in their showroom:

The special edition Beach Boys Brian Wilson XLR. It looks sooo FUN!!! The paint is the type that changes from blue to deep purple depending upon the angle you view it from. And look at the pics of the custom interior...

We think it belongs with Marc and Missy Bling! Buy it and David will sing any Beach Boys song you request. :twist:

~Quinn and DD

I stumbled across this vehicle late last night while checking out the XLR market. I must admit I did not know who Brian Wilson was and thought it was a bit self serving and presumptuous for him to have his name engraved into every badge, seat, and any other place anyone could think of...who knew he was someone other than a person that writes their name on everything... (not me of course)

Finally found the site here:

http://www.cars.com/go/search/detai...pp=50&feedSegId=28705&aff=national&listType=1

This site only had exterior pictures of the car:

Used Cadillac XLR For Sale Orlando, FL - CarGurus

Not so sure about this one...

Steve

I must admit I did not know who Brian Wilson was

That's funny!

If you Google search for Brian Wilson Cadillac XLR, it shows up in lots of places, including here on xlr-net.

2005 Cadillac XLR Convertible 4.6L, Automatic for sale by Mecum Auction

Brian Wilson with Custom 2005 Cadillac XLR - XLR Net Photo Gallery - Cadillac XLR Photos

Not a bad price at all for the car, considering the low mileage. And even a better deal if your name happened to be Brian Wilson!

It apparently sold for $91,000 when first sold at the MusiCares auction.

Googled the dealer and found the link, couldn't get it to work by pasting it hrer either. It appears to be the same 'Toffolo Blue" with interior mods. Only 5,611 miles!!

Thanks. It was kind of sad to part with the old minivan after 130,000 miles and virtually living in it during hockey season throughout the girls' high school years. But I really like this SRX - we wanted an '09 with the older body style.

And that XLR isn't stock paint. It's custom color changing blue to purple-ish. Really beautiful! And Marc could always change his name to Brian...

Thanks. It was kind of sad to part with the old minivan after 130,000 miles and virtually living in it during hockey season throughout the girls' high school years. But I really like this SRX ..

I too feel your pain but sometimes really old female stuff ( er..like mini vans) just get worn. The upside is 'how many car seats fit in that new SRX you brought home?' Life appears really good in Wisconsin...ah..especially if you are named Brian Wilson and looking for a cool car.

Steve

Congratulations on your XLR. I think I saw this earlier when doing a little web searching. Hard to imagine someone did not know who Brian Wilson was. My wife and I love putting the top down and cruising with Brian and the rest of the Beach Boys blasting away. Another favorite group for cruising is Chicago. This makes me want to head out for a little drive.:laugh:

bad link

I can't get this link to load ... but would love to see the pictures .... sounds pretty dang sweet! :cool:
yes the link doesn't work. please post pics of the ride:)

EAST MEETS WEST

Congratulations on your XLR. I think I saw this earlier when doing a little web searching. Hard to imagine someone did not know who Brian Wilson was. My wife and I love putting the top down and cruising with Brian and the rest of the Beach Boys blasting away. Another favorite group for cruising is Chicago. This makes me want to head out for a little drive.:laugh:

Brian Wilson? Never heard heard of him! Was he part of some garage or pickup beach band way back when? Being a Jersey Boy and of Italian descent, I listened to these guys back in the early and mid 60’s: Bob Gaudio, Tommy DeVito, Nick (Macioce) Massi and Frankie (Francis Castelluccio) Valli also known as the 4 Seasons.

Both the Beach Boys and 4 Seasons were SUPER GROUPS and influenced a lot of us in those simpler times. Bob Gaudio wrote a song in 1984 titled East meets West: The 4 Seasons representing the East coast; The Beach Boys representing the West coast.

I’ve attached a link to a YouTube video and I’m sure you will enjoy the pictures in the video. The pdf file from the book that went with the book …. Jersey Beat …. has a number of interesting comments on the background of the song.

I also play the 4 Seasons loud with the top down in my XLR! The Brian Wilson XLR is a sharp car.

Frankie Valli & the 4 Seasons - Beach Boys / EAST MEETS WEST

Frankie Valli & the 4 Seasons - Beach Boys East meets West - YouTube

Attachments

• EAST MEETS WEST.pdf
    83.6 KB · Views: 263

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC