Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Help! Air Leaking from Top on Driver's Side

MRICO

My XLR/V(s)
2007 XLR/V Infrared
2007 XLR-V. I have a noticeable air leak coming from the top on the Driver's Side corner only (air only/no water). Top appears to be seated squarely on top of area above windshield. Any ideas on how to fix this?

Have you inspected the upper seal of the windshield header to ensure it isn't cut or not seated properly? Have you inspected the top itself to ensure it isn't starting to split on the leading edge? (One symptom -the other is air noise, before it fully separates and flies off. . . )

CC :wave:

You need to inspect your top very closely before driving your car any further. Several on here have had their top panel separate from the rest of the roof while driving due to failure of the adhesive used to attached the top panel. See the link below:

Roof panel detached while driving

Have you inspected the upper seal of the windshield header to ensure it isn't cut or not seated properly? Have you inspected the top itself to ensure it isn't starting to split on the leading edge? (One symptom -the other is air noise, before it fully separates and flies off. . . )

CC :wave:

Thanks for that...Time for an inspection.

You need to inspect your top very closely before driving your car any further. Several on here have had their top panel separate from the rest of the roof while driving due to failure of the adhesive used to attached the top panel. See the link below:

Roof panel detached while driving

Thanks for that. I followed the link and read every one. I hope I find something obvious

Does anyone have a picture of the roof with the headliner off?

I wonder if you take the headliner out if you can reach the outside skin of the top and push up on it to see if it is starting to come unglued?

Sounds like a good idea. It's not hard to remove the headliner. Once it is removed you are looking at the bottom of the roof panel.

If you look at the picture of the XLR that lost it's roof panel in the link I posted you are actually looking at the headliner still in place, just with the roof panel missing.

attachment.php

With the headliner removed I would think you should be able to press upward on the bottom of the roof panel near the seam and see it flexing at the seam if it is not bonded correctly.

Seems like you could open the roof slightly so you could see the seam from the front and shine a flashlight from under the panel to inspect for gaps while pushing up on the panel.

Last edited:
Sounds like a good idea. It's not hard to remove the headliner. Once it is removed you are looking at the bottom of the roof panel.

[snip]

Seems like you could open the roof slightly so you could see the seam from the front and shine a flashlight from under the panel to inspect for gaps while pushing up on the panel.

You could get one of those little rubber sucker things and pull up gently on the roof panel.

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom