Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Another Bad Dealer

Phrede

Seasoned Member
Last October my Cadillac had a major electrical problem and was towed to Joseph Cadillac in Florence, KY, the closest dealer. They determined the problem was the XM receiver, supposedly caused by an aftermarket device (Lockpick) I installed that had failed. They replaced the XM module without asking first and had no authorization to do so, I would have preferred to not replace it. I do not use XM and the system would function fine with no module installed. The bill was $1000+ and I had no choice but pay to get my car.

Now I am working on something unrelated physically near this replaced unit and notice the "Re-furbished" sticker on the unit normally hidden by covers. I called and the Service Manager confirms that was all that was available at the time and a core was also required. They gave me the old unit and mentioned nothing about a core charge at the time.

BTW, it all works fine now including the aftermarket device they claimed caused the problem to start with making the repair not to be covered by the warranty.

:mad::mad::mad:

Got anything to say about this Cadillac Customer Care? Do not try and make this go away with a free oil change.

Glad you're calling them out on this--more people should report poor and/or deceitful service and practices.
Sorry that you had to go through the experience.

Glad you're calling them out on this--more people should report poor and/or deceitful service and practices.
Sorry that you had to go through the experience.

Last October I stayed pretty quiet about it since this is my closest dealer and did not want to burn any bridges. When I saw the refurbished sticker I decided to never go back to this dealer and all bets were off.

I'm spreading the word as best I can, now.

Last October my Cadillac had a major electrical problem and was towed to Joseph Cadillac in Florence, KY, the closest dealer. They determined the problem was the XM receiver, supposedly caused by an aftermarket device (Lockpick) I installed that had failed. They replaced the XM module without asking first and had no authorization to do so, I would have preferred to not replace it. I do not use XM and the system would function fine with no module installed. The bill was $1000+ and I had no choice but pay to get my car.

Now I am working on something unrelated physically near this replaced unit and notice the "Re-furbished" sticker on the unit normally hidden by covers. I called and the Service Manager confirms that was all that was available at the time and a core was also required. They gave me the old unit and mentioned nothing about a core charge at the time.

BTW, it all works fine now including the aftermarket device they claimed caused the problem to start with making the repair not to be covered by the warranty.

:mad::mad::mad:

Got anything to say about this Cadillac Customer Care? Do not try and make this go away with a free oil change.

It is certainly not our or the dealer's intent to have you piqued about a matter such as this. We certainly value your feedback and are able to report formal dealership complaints. If this is something you would like to do please feel free to PM us with your name, involved dealership and vehicle information. While we are unable to guarantee anything at this time, we can contact the customer experience manager (CEM) for further investigation and possibly additional assistance. The CEM is an onsite individual who helps resolve customer/vehicle issues at the dealer.

William R.
Cadillac Customer Care

What's a "Lock pick"?:confused:

A Lockpick is a unit that used to be made that provided line inputs and an IPOD interface for our systems. It was connected between the XM module and the head unit. The interface was somewhat clunky on the display, but it worked. They are no longer made for XLRs.

MYGIG LOCKPICK

It is certainly not our or the dealer's intent to have you piqued about a matter such as this. We certainly value your feedback and are able to report formal dealership complaints. If this is something you would like to do please feel free to PM us with your name, involved dealership and vehicle information. While we are unable to guarantee anything at this time, we can contact the customer experience manager (CEM) for further investigation and possibly additional assistance. The CEM is an onsite individual who helps resolve customer/vehicle issues at the dealer.

William R.
Cadillac Customer Care

PM sent

THIS IS A GREAT CADILLAC DEALER FOR SERVICE

[Fred] Jeff Wlyer on Route 4 in Fairfield Ohio is a great Cadillac Dealer for Service they have a XLR CERFIFIED TECH. his name is Mark. He been there a long time. [Jim]
:wave:

[Fred] Jeff Wlyer on Route 4 in Fairfield Ohio is a great Cadillac Dealer for Service they have a XLR CERFIFIED TECH. his name is Mark. He been there a long time. [Jim]

I stopped by there the last Friday and asked about the location of the RPA module. Mark was at lunch but was supposed to call me. It has not happened, so tomorrow I'll call them again.

Thanks for the tip.

I've left 3 messages for them to call me with no call backs. :willy_nilly: I'm not sure what is next.

Look elsewhere for help,,,,

I've left 3 messages for them to call me with no call backs. :willy_nilly:

I'm not sure what is next.

Next,,,? Find another dealership or Cadillac repair shop.....that place isn't interested in helping you out.. jmo

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom