Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Any thoughts on pads and caliper after market replacements, they're cheap on Ebay?

david22

My XLR/V(s)
2005 Raven XLR
I'm ready for front pads and calipers on my 05'base model. Ebay is showing me "Brake Motive" front and rear , 4 perf. and drilled and slotted rotors w/8 ceramic pads for around $200, Same can be seen With Hart Brakes and Callahan for about the same money. Am I sacrificing much going this route versus OEM from my certified Cad. Tech? Any experience here would be appreciated.

It's just the way I am, but I prefer to keep my GM vehicles all GM.

what is wrong with your calipers, that you want to replace them? If they look bad, send them to get powder coated to spruce them up. Don't see any need to replace calipers unless they are froze up. As far as brake pads, the ceramic pads are nice and lower the amount of brake dust on your wheels. Have them on both of my V's.

I'm ready for front pads and calipers on my 05'base model. Ebay is showing me "Brake Motive" front and rear , 4 perf. and drilled and slotted rotors w/8 ceramic pads for around $200, Same can be seen With Hart Brakes and Callahan for about the same money. Am I sacrificing much going this route versus OEM from my certified Cad. Tech? Any experience here would be appreciated.

IMHO $200 for rotors and pads is way too cheap to be of much quality. Last April I spent over $1000 for rotors, pads and braided lines. Granted, I bought higher end stuff, but still think $200 will get you cheap stuff.

After a couple posts that people had purchased their rotors and pads from this site, I have mine and will be installed with powder coated calipers on Thurs.
http://www.r1concepts.com

I got the posi-quiet ceramic pads. Be sure to use the code cb2014 to get 20% off your order.
Tim

I bought some and love them. Much better than stock. Stock rotors warped every 10000 miles. I've had 20000 and no problem. The zinc coating is great also.

I purchased two piece rotors a couple months back from a place called KNS brakes. Great people to deal with. Cheapest price I could find on quality rotors. All said and done cost alittle over 500 front and rear with ceramic pads. Work great and look great too. I have a thread on it under brake upgrade check it out.
Just to inform but their are like three or four manufacturers of brake rotor casting. Centric being one of them. After casting they ship them out to different companies for machining and to put there name on them. You do get what you pay for with rotors. It's all about the composition of the material. Good luck!

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom