Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Are our XLR's in demand, salesman knocking at my door ?

boilermaker

Seasoned Member
My XLR/V(s)
2009 Black/Tan XLR: 2008 STS V8 AWD: 2008 SRX Premium AWD
In the past five days I have received two hand written post cards from local Cadillac salesman whose dealerships I haven't done business with in the past.

They are offering to buy my 2009 at a "very attractive price". They say they have buyers looking for one. I don't know how they even knew I had a XLR and why all of a sudden are willing to purchase it.

But for the heck of it I will be calling each of the salesman just to see what they consider is a "very attractive price" for a showroom condition 14,000 mile vehicle..
Didn't plan on selling it but.....

I just got it out of winter storage today....weather finally breaking here in Pittsburgh.

Last edited:
Had a similar experience...

Boilermaker-

Greetings from the northern corner of the state (Erie). We had a similar experience when my wife took our XLR to the dealer for its PA state inspection. I bought it right after Christmas and had it in storage until it finally thawed out. The general manager of the dealership checked out our car and wanted to buy it on the spot. They are only aware of two others in town and one of them was sold a year ago by their dealership. This was the first time they had seen ours. He told me that whenever I want to sell it to please let them know and they would "not try to steal it." He asked what I paid for it and he indicated that it was an incredibly good price and he would have guessed a lot more. Jus thought I would share my experience with you. Take care and GO STEELERS!

Every time I take mine into service, I get asked by a new salesman every time. The one time I was just pulling into the service Bay Area and the guy was walking out the door, turned in my direction (started walking the other way ) and stopped. Before I could get out of my car he was already looking over the Xlr and asked if I wanted to sell/trade. If I didn't need new tires I would've just drove off. But it was raining and the car wasn't save to drive any longer with out new tires. I didn't even have time to put my "not for sale " sign out before the sales guy was asking me if I wanted to sell. He must've been new because the other sales guys know and the service guys know not to ask me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back