Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Auto Racing

Good article Bruce this is the exact reason I post video's of Track test from other cars. Its interesting to see what else is out there and especially now that the Cadillac XLR is out of production you just have a very hard time finding a lot of info in this area of interest on the XLR.

I see nothing wrong with posting this type of material on our Site and hope many others enjoy it also. :D

Speedway:wave::wave::wave:

No, we have not. We would like to go just once. They have some great drivers that show up for this race. We really would have loved to have been @ the 2001 race when Corvette Racing was first overall! It was very cool.

Corvette Racing drivers

get-attachment.aspx

Corvette Racing Announces 2011 Driver Lineup

Tommy Milner and Richard Westbrook Join Corvette Racing Roster

DETROIT, Jan. 21, 2011 – Corvette Racing will have two new drivers in its lineup for the 2011 American Le Mans Series and the 24 Hours of Le Mans (pending official invitation). Tommy Milner will join Olivier Beretta in the No. 3 Compuware Corvette C6.R for the full season, with Antonio Garcia continuing as third driver in the Sebring, Le Mans, and Petit Le Mans endurance races. Richard Westbrook will be teamed with Jan Magnussen and Oliver Gavin in the No. 4 Compuware Corvette C6.R in the three long-distance events.

"At the conclusion of every season, we review and evaluate all aspects of the Corvette Racing program," said GM Racing director Mark Kent. "The level of competition in the GT class is extremely high, and our goal is to make the team as competitive as possible. We are pleased to welcome Tommy Milner and Richard Westbrook to Corvette Racing, and we believe that they will help us to reach our objective."

The new members of Corvette Racing's driver roster have extensive experience in world-class GT competition. Milner, 24, of Lake Mary, Fla., is a second-generation racer who has competed in formula and sports car series with distinction. Milner has driven for factory-affiliated teams representing Panoz, Porsche, and BMW, and has competed in the 24 Hours of Le Mans. He finished third in the ALMS GT standings in 2010.

Westbrook, 35, of London, England, won the FIA GT2 championship in 2009, and scored podium finishes in 24-hour races at Le Mans (third in GT2) and Daytona (third overall) in 2010. A two-time Porsche Supercup champion, Westbrook notched an ALMS GT2 victory at Road America in 2008. He has competed in the Spa and Nurburgring endurance races, selected ALMS and Grand Am events in the U.S., and the FIA GT1 championship.

"We look at our competition continuously and intensely, and it became very clear that Tommy Milner and Richard Westbrook have the qualities we value at Corvette Racing," said Corvette Racing program manager Doug Fehan. "They are quick, intelligent, team-oriented, and disciplined in their approach. They will connect with Corvette fans and represent Chevrolet as a global brand. We are very excited to have these two talented young drivers join America's most successful production sports car team, and we look forward to long and rewarding relationships with both of them."

Milner and Westbrook will become the 21st and 22nd drivers to race with Corvette Racing since the team's debut in 1999. Both have driven the Corvette C6.Rs in private tests, and will participate in the ALMS Winter Test in Sebring, Fla., on February 9-10, in preparation for the season-opening Mobil 1 Twelve Hours of Sebring.

"When you look at sports car racing over the last 10 years, the biggest name in GT racing has to be Corvette," Milner said. "With all of the team's victories in Le Mans and the success they've had here in America, Corvette Racing has a history of winning. To have the opportunity to be a part of the Corvette program at this point in my career is very exciting. I'm looking forward to working with the engineers, the crew, and the other drivers to make Corvette the powerhouse in endurance racing."

"I've raced against the Corvette enough times to know it's better to be driving one than racing against one," Westbrook said. "I'm absolutely delighted to be joining the Corvette Racing program for 2011. The Corvette C6.R is an amazing piece of machinery, very well engineered, and it's just an honor to drive one. Everyone on the team is hungry for success and expectations are high, so we have to deliver."

get-attachment.aspx

Tommy Milner

get-attachment.aspx

Richard Westbrook

ALMS: 10 Questions With Tommy Milner

Corvette Racing’s latest recruit discusses new opportunity and the challenge ahead...
John Dagys | Posted January 22, 2011 Chicago, IL

One of the worst-kept secrets in the sportscar racing world was confirmed Friday when Corvette Racing officially welcomed Tommy Milner as a new full-season driver for its No. 3 Corvette C6.R. The 24-year-old Virginia-native, who spent the last two seasons as a factory BMW driver with Rahal Letterman Racing, moves to the Pratt & Miller organization for 2011.

Fresh off an overall win at the 24 Hours of Dubai and a three-day test with Corvette at Sebring International Raceway, we caught up with Milner to get his take on his new opportunity with the iconic American manufacturer. It’s all a part of the latest installment of ’10 Questions.’

1065415_article_img_large2.jpg

Milner joined the rest of Corvette Racing for a test at Sebring International Raceway this week. (Photo: Richard Prince/rprincephoto.com)

DAGYS: How did the opportunity with Corvette Racing come about?

MILNER: I basically got a phone call and asked if I was available for next year. With the way BMW works, we were always under one-year contracts. At that point, I didn’t know what the status was for next year with BMW, so I went ahead and went for a test with Corvette in early November.

The test went very well. And once the discussions started going with Corvette and BMW, I was getting the impression that there may have been one less seat available in the U.S. [for BMW]. Luckily, I basically had two good programs that were interested in me. The Corvette deal ended up being a better option. The last few years have been great and I’d like to continue building on the progress and success that I’ve personally had.

DAGYS: What have been your first impressions with the team, having completed a test at Sebring earlier this week?

MILNER: We were there for three days but didn’t get a lot of running in because of the weather. It rained quite a bit, so it gave limited time on the race track. It was a good first test, though. Now that I’m fully part of the team, it was really good to be there with the other drivers and crew guys and start working on the chemistry and start that process.

DAGYS: Is it bittersweet in a way to leave BMW, having literally grown up around the brand with your father’s PTG organization?

MILNER: My earliest memories were of my dad’s team with BMW and the success that they had, especially in the mid to late ‘90s. It was great to be a part of BMW’s program there and I enjoyed my time with them. I was in a great car with a great team and great co-drivers and was able to show my talents there that helped lead to these new opportunities, which I’m obviously very thankful for.

But for sure, once all of the Rahal guys started learning that I had tested the Corvette, they were disappointed that I might have not been part of their program for this year. But for me, I was given a great opportunity with Corvette Racing and I look forward to making more history with them now.

1065415_article_img_large3.jpg

After growing up around BMWs with his father's PTG race program, a move away from the Bavarian manufacturer may have come as a tough decision. (Photo: John Dagys)

DAGYS: Do you feel it will be a big change for you, now being at the wheel of a Corvette?

MILNER: These last two years with BMW were pretty much the first time I had run with the same team for back-to-back seasons. It was nice to have that continuity, but I’m looking forward to being with Corvette. While there’s some changes for me, personally, it doesn’t change my approach to the year. It doesn’t change how I approach the weekends. I’m still here to do the best possible job I can.

DAGYS: Having raced in the GT class for a number of years now, do you anticipate the same type of close battles throughout the year?

MILNER: The competition in GT is very, very strong. I’m sure this year will be even tougher of a challenge than it was last year. Last year, Corvette was quick, but they sort of had an unlucky year. They’ve definitely improved the car and are working hard to cover all aspects to eliminate any little bits of bad luck that can bite you hard.

Certainly Corvette Racing is known for being consistent, quick and a team that does everything right. They did almost everything right last year, it just didn’t fall their way. So they’re anxious and eager to prove themselves to continue their history in sportscar racing with winning races and championships. I’m looking forward to being a part of that and helping them achieve their goals.

DAGYS: How does it feel to be an American, driving for Corvette?

MILNER: It’s really cool for me to be a part of Corvette Racing, being an American. I’ve got some German blood in me, but I speak English, we’re in America and as far as I’m concerned, I’m an American. That, coupled with the fact of Corvette Racing’s history in the U.S. and at Le Mans. To be a young American kid, driving an American car with an American team is really cool for me to be a part of.

DAGYS: You’ve had two previous starts at Le Mans, but obviously head into the 24-hour with your best shot of victory. Are you looking forward to that prospect as well?

1065415_article_img_large4.jpg

While Corvette Racing didn't get as much running time in as they'd like due to persistent rain, the team will return to Sebring to take part in the ALMS Winter Test on Feb. 9-10. (Photo: Richard Prince/rprincephoto.com)

MILNER: Both times I’ve been to Le Mans, the results have been less than stellar. The first year in 2006, I didn’t even get in the car to race and I drove two stints in 2007 before the car had some issues. When I first went there in ’06, I was blown away by the atmosphere and just how big the whole race is.

Those were the years where I was just happy to be a part of it, but I’ve had the desire to return in a competitive car for that race. Obviously Corvette were the favorites there last year, once the race got going when they were in control. They definitely have something to prove and some bad luck to avenge from last year. So it’s obviously going to be my highlight of the year for me.

DAGYS: Do you feel that you can have a long-term future with Corvette?

MILNER: Just the short time I’ve been with them already, everyone has been great to work with. All of my co-drivers are great and welcomed me with open arms. I definitely feel comfortable within the team. As long as I perform, then who knows what will happen. It would certainly be great to build a relationship with a car manufacturer, especially Corvette Racing. That’s what us drivers all hope for. That would definitely be a great thing for me. We’ll see what happens.

DAGYS: You’ve had a great start to the 2011 season with your overall win in the 24 Hours of Dubai with Need For Speed by Schubert Motorsport. Did the race meet your expectations?

MILNER: I really enjoyed that race with Schubert. They’re a great team. It was especially great to be a part of that after them trying for many, many years to try and get a big win like that. Stefan, the engineer for the team, said that they were leading with an hour to go and had an accident one year. The whole team was really excited to get that big win. Some of the guys were even in tears after the race. It was a great start of the year for me.

Whether or not I could do more races for them, who knows. I would sure love to do the Nurburgring 24 Hours with any team, so hopefully there might be an opportunity there in the future. But I’m really excited for my main focus this year with Corvette Racing.

DAGYS: What’s next for yourself and the team as you prepare for the season-opener at Sebring?

MILNER: We’ll be back at Sebring for the official test next month, so that will be another good test for us. Some dry weather would be great! After that, I’m just looking forward to getting the season started.

</SPAN>
http://auto-racing.speedtv.com/article/alms-10-questions-with-tommy-milner/P1

http://mail.aol.com/33124-111/aol-1...ent.aspx?uid=1.30415992&folder=Inbox&partId=5

get-attachment.aspx

Team Chevy Ready for 2011 GRAND-AM Opener at Daytona
Nine Teams Set for Daytona

For release:
January 27, 2011

DETROIT – Team Chevy will be well represented when GRAND-AM Road Racing opens this weekend with the 49th running of the prestigious Rolex 24 at Daytona: Nine teams will wear the Bowtie at Daytona International Speedway.

“We are excited to head into the Rolex 24 at Daytona with such an outstanding team and driver lineup,” said Mark Kent, GM Racing Director. “Our teams left the Roar Before the Rolex 24 testing session earlier this month well prepared and optimistic about the race weekend.

“Our GM Racing engineers worked tirelessly with our teams, preparing the best possible packages for all of our Chevrolet entries in three classes. The collaborative effort has resulted in what we believe will be an extraordinarily competitive effort by our teams in DP, GT and GS.”

Three teams powered by Chevrolet engines will compete in the GRAND-AM Rolex Series Daytona Prototype (DP) class:
· The No. 10 SunTrust Racing Chevrolet/Dallara, driven by former Rolex 24 winner and series champion Max Angelelli, full-time team driver Ricky Taylor, IndyCar regular Ryan Briscoe, and team owner and former series champion Wayne Taylor.
· The No. 99 GAINSCO/Bob Stallings Racing Chevrolet/Riley, driven by two-time GRAND-AM DP series champions and full-time team drivers Alex Gurney and Jon Fogarty, and five-time defending NASCAR Cup series champion Jimmie Johnson.
· The No. 90 Spirit of Daytona, driven by past Rolex 24 at Daytona winner Antonio Garcia, 2008 GRAND-AM Rolex Series GT champion Paul Edwards, and three-time American Le Mans Series (ALMS) class champion Sascha Maassen.
Three teams will showcase the iconic Chevrolet Camaro in the GRAND-AM Rolex Series Grand Touring (GT) class:
· The No. 07 Banner Racing Chevrolet Camaro GT.R, driven by GRAND-AM series veterans Eric Curran and Bruce Ledoux, Corvette Racing’s 24 Hours of Le Mans winner and ALMS champion Oliver Gavin, and veteran Gunter Schaldach.
· The No. 57 Stevenson Motorsports Chevrolet Camaro GT.R, driven by 2009 Danish Peugeot Spider Cup winner Ronnie Bremer, two-time GRAND-AM Rolex Sports Car Series GT runner-up Robin Liddell, and Corvette Racing’s 24 Hours of Le Mans winner and ALMS champion Jan Magnussen.
· The No. 88 Autohaus Motorsports Chevrolet Camaro GT.R, driven by leading GRAND-AM and former NASCAR driver Bill Lester, Rolex 24 and World Touring Car Championship veteran Matthew marsh, Rolex 24 winner Johnny O’Connell and Jordan Taylor.
Three teams will represent Chevrolet in the GRAND-AM Continental Tire Sports Car Challenge Series Grand Sport (GS) class:
· The No. 9 Stevenson Motorsports Camaro GS.R, driven by Matt Bell and former Formula Atlantic and Star Mazda champion John Edwards.
· Mitchum Motorsports will field two cars: the No. 6 Camaro GS.R, driven by Jeff Bucknum and SCCA World Challenge champion Robert Stout; and the No. 62 Camaro GS.R, driven by Joey Atterbury and 2010 Continental Tire Sports Car Challenge Street Tuner class co-champion Lawson Aschenbach.
· CKS Autosport also will field two cars: the No.s 00 and 01 Camaro GS.Rs, driven by Eric Curran and Ashley McCalmont.
Practice and qualifying for both the Rolex 24 at Daytona and Continental Tire Sports Challenge 200 is scheduled to begin Thursday, January 27. Following practice sessions on Friday for all series and classes, the Continental Tire Sports Challenge 200 starts at 1:30 p.m.

The 49th running of the Rolex 24 at Daytona is scheduled to start at 3:30 p.m. on Saturday.

get-attachment.aspx

Corvette Racing Sets the Pace in ALMS Winter Test

Corvettes Run Fastest Lap in GT Class in Every Session of Two-Day Sebring Test

SEBRING, Fla., Feb. 10, 2011 – Corvette Racing's twin Compuware Corvette C6.Rs ran the fastest laps in all four sessions of the two-day American Le Mans Series Winter Test at Sebring International Raceway. After Jan Magnussen turned the quickest times in the first three sessions on the historic circuit in the No. 4 Corvette C6.R, Olivier Beretta posted the fastest lap of the test in the GT class with the No. 3 Corvette C6.R in the final session.

Magnussen piloted the No. 4 Corvette C6.R to a fast lap at 2:02.260 in the Wednesday morning session, and then improved to 2:02.235 in the afternoon session and 2:02.197 on Thursday morning. Beretta turned a 2:02.186 in the No. 3 Corvette C6.R in the final minutes of Thursday's rain-shortened afternoon session. That lap set the performance standard among the 16 entries in the GT class for the only official test before the season-opening Mobil 1 Twelve Hours of Sebring on March 19.

"The team did a really good job," Beretta said. "We had many things to test, and we stayed with our plan. Sometimes when you are testing, you know it is not the right direction, but you have to keep going. At one point I was like a fish out of water, but my engineers were 100 percent sure of what they were doing. They told me to be patient, and when they put everything together, the car was very quick."

"I think we've had a good test, and we got through many of the items we wanted to do," Magnussen said. "We've had no major issues and we were improving all the time, so I'm very happy. The GT category is so tough that if you can find even a slight advantage somewhere, it's going to show on the final results. Of course, a driver always want more testing – if you have two days you want three, if you have 10 days you want 11!"

Corvette Racing participated in the preseason test with two new race cars and two new drivers, Tommy Milner and Richard Westbrook. Milner gained experience in the No. 3 Compuware Corvette C6.R with co-drivers Antonio Garcia and Beretta, while Westbrook turned laps in the No. 4 Compuware Corvette C6.R that he will share with Oliver Gavin and Magnussen in endurance events.

Announced as a full-season driver in the No. 3 Corvette C6.R in January, Milner settled in quickly with the Corvette Racing team. "I feel very comfortable in the car now, and getting more laps is good for me," Milner said. "The crew made some damper adjustments during my long run in the morning session today, and I could feel the differences those changes made. That reaffirmed that I can give good feedback to the engineers, which is important to make the car better and more consistent."

Westbrook's time in the No. 4 Corvette was limited by red flags and weather, but the Briton adapted quickly to his new ride and ran impressive times in the final session. "We made good progress, and the changes we made were positive," Westbrook reported. "I'm getting more comfortable in the car, and it was nice to be in P1 for a while. The Corvette C6.R is an excellent piece, and a pleasure to drive. Every time I get the call to get in the car, it puts a smile on my face."

Corvette Racing went to the ALMS Winter Test with a long to-do list, and checked most of the boxes. Although the test produced positive results, much remains to be done before the start of the season in Sebring.

"You never really know what the competition is doing, but it's good to be near the top," said team manager Gary Pratt. "A successful test like this gives everyone confidence, especially the drivers, and that's a good feeling going into race week. The new systems in the cars worked well and proved to be reliable. That's why we test, to make things better."

Corvette Racing received more good news this week with official invitations to the 24 Hours of Le Mans from the Automobile Club de l'Ouest (ACO) for both of its Corvette C6.Rs. The twin Corvettes will compete as Nos. 73 and 74 in the GTE-Pro class in the 24-hour endurance classic. Eighteen invitations were issued for the highly competitive GTE-Pro category.

"One Corvette C6.R was automatically qualified with our dramatic victory at Petit Le Mans, but the second Corvette needed an official invitation from the ACO," explained Corvette Racing program manager Doug Fehan. "We know what it means to the fans to have the Corvettes race at Le Mans, and we're looking forward to competing in the world's greatest sports car race for the 11th consecutive year."

Corvette Racing's next event is the Mobil 1 Twelve Hours of Sebring in Sebring, Fla., on Saturday, March 19. The season-opening 12-hour race will be shown live on ESPN3.com and americanlemans.com starting at 10 a.m. ET. ABC will televise race highlights from 12:30 to 2 p.m. ET on Sunday, March 20.

get-attachment.aspx

get-attachment.aspx

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry