Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Battery cables

Doug T

Recently I had the local dealer replace my battery and was advised that the previous owner had put some after market ends on the battery cables which was part of my problem. He wanted to replace the battery cable for $950 which would take 7 1/2 hours to complete, I didn't do it since he had charged me $144 for the new battery and it worked fine. What is so special about this cable to warrant that kind of price and time?

Being this is posted in a V thread, I'm assuming your car is a V. Both the positive and negative cables show as discontinued. Maybe they have some in stock. I know the positive cable cost me over $100.00 when I bought it several years ago as a spare, along with the negative cable. The positive wires back to the starter, which is under the supercharger. I have both cables listed for sale in the parts for sale section if you are interested in doing the project yourself.

Recently I had the local dealer replace my battery and was advised that the previous owner had put some after market ends on the battery cables which was part of my problem. He wanted to replace the battery cable for $950 which would take 7 1/2 hours to complete, I didn't do it since he had charged me $144 for the new battery and it worked fine. What is so special about this cable to warrant that kind of price and time?

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom