Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Battery change

jjsea55

Seasoned Member
My XLR/V(s)
2006 Black Raven XLR-V, Shale interior
Had to change the battery today due to a bad cell. Settings appear to be retained in most instances except for the window indexing (window does not move slightly down upon opening the door). Will the power window initialize procedure reset this? The owner's manual states that holding the window up button for 3 seconds twice initiates the express up/down feature.

Are there any other "resets" that must occur with a battery change? TIA!

Had to change the battery today due to a bad cell. Settings appear to be retained in most instances except for the window indexing (window does not move slightly down upon opening the door). Will the power window initialize procedure reset this? The owner's manual states that holding the window up button for 3 seconds twice initiates the express up/down feature.

Are there any other "resets" that must occur with a battery change? TIA!

That will correct your window indexing problem. Recently switched out my battery and had the same issue, all other settings were retained.
:cool:

Absolutely correct. The initialization procedure added the indexing. However, now my passenger mirror is hanging in the "downward parking position" even when shifted into drive. What is the procedure to "lock" the outside mirrors for each driver fob's position? Thanks, again!

Absolutely correct. The initialization procedure added the indexing. However, now my passenger mirror is hanging in the "downward parking position" even when shifted into drive. What is the procedure to "lock" the outside mirrors for each driver fob's position? Thanks, again!

That feature can be turned off/reset in the DIC, more than likely by turning it off and then back on will reset it....if this us a feature you will be using.
:cool:

You can also set the mirrors how you want them and press and hold the memory seat button and you hear a beep. This will remember the positions of the mirrors and the seat.

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom