Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Important! Battery issues

Silver Bullet

My XLR/V(s)
2004 XLR
Hey everyone , I know this has been discussed & I cant seem to find the thread about this issue , .. my battery ran down the other day , after putting it on the battery charger , some of the settings arent quite right , thanks to the forum I learned about resetting the power windows , & it worked just as it should , but I have noticed that sometimes , after I have started the car & shut it off , go to get out of the car & the button doesnt work , but if i restart the car & shut if off again .. then the button works fine , Im not sure if that is normal & it will work itself out , or is there something I can do to correct this ? other than that , there is nothing else going on that I have noticed . Any input would be appreciated ... thanks in advance.

Which "button" are you referring to?

The Ignition Switch?

If you depleted your battery, it may have been damaged. Recommend getting it load tested. Voltage is not enough.

CC :wave:

Which "button" are you referring to?

The Ignition Switch?

If you depleted your battery, it may have been damaged. Recommend getting it load tested. Voltage is not enough.

CC :wave:

Well it couldnt be the ignition start button , because starting the car isnt a problem , the button(s) I am referring to , are for the doors , my battery is fine .

It could very well be the battery. XLR's have a lot of "idiosyncrasies" I'm finding out and adapting to them. Kinda like if you loved the 50/60/70 English cars, you got used to a LOT of idiosyncrasies. :lol:

It could very well be the battery. XLR's have a lot of "idiosyncrasies" I'm finding out and adapting to them. Kinda like if you loved the 50/60/70 English cars, you got used to a LOT of idiosyncrasies. :lol:

I seriously doubt that my battery is bad , it wasnt deep cycled or nothing , this whole thing happened on sunday , & I charged the battery , been out all week .. came back today got in the car , started right up no issues , just noticed the whole door thing is all . I was hoping this has happened to someone else , & if there was a solution , the buttons for the doors have always worked , just noticed them not working after the low battery .

maybe a setting regarding auto door lock and auto unlock ??? have you tried specifically unlocking the doors prior to pressing the door button??
there are several settings that could have gotten switched around when all the settings went bad.

maybe a setting regarding auto door lock and auto unlock ??? have you tried specifically unlocking the doors prior to pressing the door button??
there are several settings that could have gotten switched around when all the settings went bad.

I havent tried that , but I will try it , I know how sensitive the car is , so I was just asking to see if I may have overlooked anything .

I havent tried that , but I will try it , I know how sensitive the car is , so I was just asking to see if I may have overlooked anything .

On the other hand, those door release buttons can be plain temperamental. When they are, they need a clean. Easy job if you do not mind taking them off the door, dismantling the innards and cleaning up the contacts, you will probably need some emery. They are not expensive if you want to source new ones.

I tried unlocking the doors prior to pressing the door button , & it worked .. I havent had any more issues .. Thanks so much !!!

you have settings in the options for driver 1 and driver 2, options like auto unlock all , pathway lighting, seat position return, flash lights at lock and unlock, etc.
find the settings regarding door locking and turn them all off.
that way the only time your doors lock is if you lock them manually. or with key fob.
i turned most of the auto functions and extras off.
since they can be finicky. its just fluff.

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom