Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Been working on this project since February. Finally finished. Maybe!!!!!

Grocery-Gtr

Seasoned Member
My XLR/V(s)
2005 XLR Xenon Blue, I call "Blue Thunder."
So been working on stainless steel crash loops since February. I figured out how to form them using the existing crash loop. Thought it would be hella easy to find someone to do the welding, grinding and/or polishing. Not so. Gave it to a so-called restoration expert and he hacked up the welds on one, didn't even attempt to do the second and threw it back at me. I cleaned up his welds and figured, "I can do this." So bought the MIG welding equipment, a bottle for gas and went to Youtube University. Of course, my initial welds where crap, so I cut it apart and started over. Better tacks, better technique, blended and polished. the result is what you see in the pic. Looking for another polishing process. I just wanted to get them on the car to see what they looked like.

Attachments

• IMAG1958[1].jpg
    IMAG1958[1].jpg
    480.9 KB · Views: 173
  • IMAG2097[1].jpg
    IMAG2097[1].jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 158
  • IMAG2098[1].jpg
    IMAG2098[1].jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 171
  • IMAG2099[1].jpg
    IMAG2099[1].jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 160
looks nice . Many people that have cars with stainless bars cover them as they get really really hot in the sun. Almost touch and get a blister hot. Sort of like metal gear shift knobs that you cannot touch, But I like them.

Aaahhhhh, note to self. Do not touch during hot summer days. Place note saying the same thing if at a car show. Thanks for the heads up.....

Nice work and props for having the never to pull it off. You ever owned a SRT8 Jeep?

Nice work and props for having the never to pull it off. You ever owned a SRT8 Jeep?
No. Just Googled it. It must be the one that has a little gurgle to the exhaust when it passes me on the highway...

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom