Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Best oil for XLR?

Mobil 1

Mobil One is what came in it from the factory.

There are probably other synthetic oils that are even higher quality than the Mobil One on the market, but I am good with it.

I also run Mobil One in several of my other vehicles as well. Even when they have a lot of miles or age on them, the emissions test shows that they are still running very cleanly.

I run Mobil 1 in all my vehicles. My 2000 DTX has almost 186,000 miles on it an it still runs like new. I have been a Mobil 1 fan for many, many years. :rocker:

Yep, Mobil1 in everything I own with a motor (well except the lawn mower). I buy cases at Costco.
Bruce

I use Amsiol. it does test considerably better but a friend is a dealer so I get it at cost so that's my motivation. I ran Exxon 5 w 30 in the Allante for 320000 miles with no issues. In fact after I sold it . the car got a burnt valve and the mechanic called me and said you have to see this. He had the heads off and he said it was the cleanest engine he had ever pulled apart. with no cylinder wear. I guess even regular oil is fine if you change it regularly.

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom