Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Best wax or polish

Stella

Seasoned Member
My XLR/V(s)
2004xlr
Looking to pay some special attention to the finish on Stella this winter. I've been waxing,buffing and polishing cars since I've been able to drive them. Before I had all the time in the world to do it now not so much. What's a TRIED polish,hand glaze,polymer wax that gives u that deep reflective shine. Previously I've used 3 step processes which worked great but who has all day and the forearms any more. I have the xenon blue color which looks great when clean but yet hard to keep clean like black and so on. Any info on how to keep my baby sparkling clean would be great thanks.

Wax is old school. It looks great for a few days, and then you get to apply it again. It builds up in hard-to-clean crevices and rubber gaskets.

Polymers are the way to go . They shine just as well (if not better) and last far longer. They apply as easy as wax, and buff out with less effort.

I polish my car twice a year and it always looks freshly-waxed. There are lots of great polymer-based polishes available. I use Zaino. Their products are a little more expensive, but a bottle can last for years, so in the long run, they're worth it.

CC

I agree with CC. I also use Zaino, which application-wise is not wipe on, wipe off, but is pretty much one step. I do not have time to polish regularly, but have chunks of time at random intervals, so I need something long lasting. My daily driver is outside all day during the week & Zaino lasts 6 months on it. For at least the first month if I drive through the rain it just looks fresh washed - nothing sticks.

On my XLR the dealer has told me it looks better than when he delivered it new (I'm the 2d owner)

Polymers give you a good hard coat of protection, and lots of shine, but you really need a wax or glaze to add depth, and really make that blue sparkle. Modern waxes with a high Carnuba content go on easy and last for months, depending on how the car is used. Adam's was recently made the official car care products of Corvette & Camaro, and has a great line of products.
Bruce

You can also try Surf City Garage products, they work great. You should try their Carnuba/Synthetic wax, easy on and easy off with outstanding results. And for upkeep you can use their detail spray which contains carnuba wax. I use all of their products on all of my cars.
:cool:

http://www.surfcitygarage.com/shop

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

zaino

Wax is old school. It looks great for a few days, and then you get to apply it again. It builds up in hard-to-clean crevices and rubber gaskets.

Polymers are the way to go . They shine just as well (if not better) and last far longer. They apply as easy as wax, and buff out with less effort.

I polish my car twice a year and it always looks freshly-waxed. There are lots of great polymer-based polishes available. I use Zaino. Their products are a little more expensive, but a bottle can last for years, so in the long run, they're worth it.

CC
Is this product available at the local auto parts store? :confused:

I've always used Meguire's products and have had fantastic results. Meguire's products are available at O'Reilly's Auto Parts. In addtion to a complete line of wheel and auto polishes, Meguire's also has a Quick Detail" product that works really well for use between the time consuming "complete" polishes. These Quick Detail products are a "spray & wipe" polymer for when the car is just a little dusty; they "lift" the dust off so it doesn't scratch + gives the paint that "just waxed" look.

Gotta order Zaino - Zaino Store (I put the in website & it turned it into a link for you). Seemed pricey when I first got it, but I recently looked at some Adam's stuff & felt better. I've been well treated by Zaino customer service too.

Best Wax/Polish

CC

I have to agree. Over the years I've tried many waxes (the original Blue Coral was the best ever), but for a great finish that lasts for more than a month or so, polymers are the bomb, and one of the very best is Zaino. I used it on all of my 'vettes and now on my '06 Infrared, preceded by claying, swirl remover, fine polishing, an alcohol wash & Zaino Clear Protectant. Awesome!!

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom