Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Billet Oil Cap

David_B

Seasoned Member
My XLR/V(s)
N/Z
"Oil Cap" is to small to search for so I can't find any results.

After looking online for a while, I can't find a billet oil cap that says it fits the XLR.

Does anyone have any info for one? Many of the Chevy oil caps look similar, I'm sure they all have different diameters and lengths and such.

And the cap diameter at the top is very close to the plastic engine cover.

Thanks!

You try accessories for a LS motor. Between the camaro and the vette you can cover everything under the hood. :dunno:

what is the oem part # ??
that would probably cross ref. to some other GM or caddy vehicles.
then see if any of those had aftermarket cap.

or spray paint yours with chrome rattle can!!

I do think that would fit.

I tried the oil cap from my 2013 avalanche on the XLR and it fit.

It does seem LS oil caps will fit, from looking at the picture of the underside of that listing and comparing it to both my Avalanche and XLR caps.

Now to find a less shiny one.. lol

David: Perhaps it will fit. I was looking at a similar one with a different underside. The O.D. can be no larger than 2-1/4". According to their compatibility chart they will NOT fit the XLR engines. Let me know if you get one and it fits!!! I like a little bling...

This afternoon I ordered the one I posted earlier. Call me the guinea pig. They have a return policy so if it doesn't fit, I'll just send it back at my expense and get my money back. 25 bucks is a fairly easy investment one way or the other. The NS and Vette engines have the locking lug type fitment, not a true screw on. I'm betting it's the same size, but I'll find out next week

This is the one I got off eBay. Fits and lines up perfect.

s-l400.jpg

e Bay CTS-V link

Being Gizmo bought and is using one from a CTS-V; which has an LS engine, I would say it will work.

The oil filler cap came in today. The label is separate which allows you to make sure it's centered correctly on the cap. It was chrome and the tolerances were off, a little Dremel tool work on it got it working perfectly.

2016-03-18 16.57.jpg

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back