Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Help! Broken cover on bumper for headlight mister

My XLR/V(s)
2005 Black XLR, 2013 XTS Platinum Black Diamond Tricoat
So, something or someone hit my car yesterday in a parking lot. Not sure with what, but have scratch on my bumper and the cover to the headlight sprayer broke. I went on to GM parts center and didn't see the part listed under front bumper parts. Any idea what this is called or where i can find one. And if i can ask even more, any idea how it comes off to replace.

Thanks again for everyones help,
Robert
broken cover.jpg

The whole apparatus is held together by a spring clip underneath the bumper. You're supposed to drop the bumper cover, remove the clip and the assembly will come apart. The sprayer hood is a 1/4 turn to lock it in place to the sprayer head.
In my case, I was lazy when I had to replace mine. Dremel tool came out and I ground off the locking lug on the hood, and used silicone sealant to attach the sprayer hood to the bumper. If you're lucky, you can find the things on eBay that are already painted your body color. If you're not so lucky, you'll have to settle for a primered one, and buy some spray paint(s) that's your car's color.
This is what I bought on eBay last month as a replacement. NEW GM Right Side Headlamp Washer Nozzle & Nozzle Cover - Red Tintcoat 12335754 | eBay

Be aware they are different for each side of the car, so make sure you get the proper one.
And I realize that what I've referred to is a complete sprayer assembly, but you may pay more for just the one part on a GM parts website when you factor in shipping, which can get really crazy

The covers alone are available from most all online parts sites. Search in the washer sections. They usually run about $26 and most come in black plastic the will match your black paint really close without painting. Theoretically you could twist the cover a quarter turn to remove and replace but that would scratch the paint on your bumper so removal from underneath is highly recommended.

Thank you. Found a black oem one on ebay with the part number you gave me. Was $32 with free shipping which isn't bad since it is black and should match..
OEM NEW Head Ligh Lamp Washer Nozzle Cover Left Driver 04-09 XLR 12335889

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back