Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Cabin filter check

There is a rectangular cover about a 13 inches wide and 2 inchese high on the passenger side of the firewall just below the windshield. There are two spring clips holding it against the firewall. remove the cover and extract the old filter and replace it with a new one.............simple.

firewall.
Where is the cabin filter located?

Open the hood locate the battery, there is a access panel directly behind and above. Two small clips flip down, lid comes off filter is inside. Super easy

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

FYI, my '06 Base has 3 spring clips. Guess I must have the "Heavy Duty" model. :laugh:

Tim

Open the hood locate the battery, there is a access panel directly behind and above. Two small clips flip down, lid comes off filter is inside. Super easy

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

There is a rectangular cover about a 13 inches wide and 2 inchese high on the passenger side of the firewall just below the windshield. There are two spring clips holding it against the firewall. remove the cover and extract the old filter and replace it with a new one.............simple.

firewall.

Apparently mice like to use the cabin air filter for a home :confused:

133.jpg

OK, this raises a couple of questions... How did they get in there? How did they get OUT??? Heck, they might be living in there!!!

Might be a good idea to start looking into a trap that could work there, just to be sure. :dunno:

Tim

Apparently mice like to use the cabin air filter for a home :confused:

View attachment 4619

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry