Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Where in the firewall to run main power to aftermarket stereo?

dougn2deep

My XLR/V(s)
2005 XLR
Tried digging all over with the search function. Only thing I could find was routing to the passenger door and back in. Checked the air filter area in the fire wall and couldn't snake through there.

Tried running power from the main radio plug C1/F1 position plug as well as from the C1 cd changer 16 slot with no luck. Used a spare aux battery I had in the garage and everything powered up and sounds great.

This stereo really lifts a blanket off the Bose system and gets the door woofers moving.

Only con so far is the eq requires a deeper menu dive.

On a separate note I tried using the Metra 99-6511 dash kit recommended here for a 7" Alpine ILX w650 and it's far too wide.

Still need to run the backup cam and thought I'd run a run it through the waterfall,center console,then out the trunk. Using a fuse tap in the reverse slot.

Nilight 12V Car Add-a-circuit Fuse TAP Adapter with 5 Amp Standard APR ATO ATC Blade Fuse Set for Cars Trucks Boats, Pack of 10 https://a.co/d/efYRc2j

Eh I wanted the optionality in case I decide to run an amp and sub down the line.

I did end up running it through the side door temporarily. The rubber boot however is blocked by metal bracing on the interior ugh. So I have it gorilla taped for now.

I followed your directions from your thread. The system sounded great until I sat back in the driver's side this morning ugh. The left side has sound but is weaker with less output.

When jumpering between Radio C1 and Cd changer C2 what type of connector is used?

Thanks for the input :)

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230611-114354_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20230611-114354_Gallery.jpg
    64.6 KB · Views: 68

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC