Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Caddy "Super Cruise"

Popbigguy

Seasoned Member
My XLR/V(s)
2007 XLR-V RII'07 RIII'08 SA'09 CO'10 NCSC'11 PA'12 BG'13 MT'14 VBOBX'15
Just took my XTS in for it's oil change. They gave me a new CT6 with the "Super Cruise" for a loaner. At their suggestion. I took it out on the Interstate to try it out. Only works in certain areas, not in town (Omaha). It's kind of a surreal experience! Felt weird taking my hands off the wheel and just watching, feeling the car go down the Interstate! Anyone else do this? Or has one of these cars?

I now have a CT6 with Supercruise. After 16 years, I sent my aging STS on to used car heaven and replaced it. It's nice to be back in something that is quiet, smooth and updated. It was a nightmare getting Onstar sorted out and delivering the proper data. That now behind me, I use Supercruise every day. There is a camera that looks at you to assure that you are looking forward and paying attention. If you do not, it will start warning you.

An amazing bit of technology that is working well.

A few comments after a year (+) of Supercruise. Good lane stripes are watched by the cameras. There are a couple of places on my commute where they are nearly gone. Frequent disengages happen in these same places. There have been two times where the "invisible man" was sensed and the brakes slammed on. A tap of the gas resolves that. If snow, ice or fog obscures the cameras, the system acts up or kicks off completely.

All in all I use it every day and would not want to be without it.

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom