Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Important! Cadillac XLR

jwdowd

My XLR/V(s)
2006 star black special editon
I put the trans is park after riding around. Put the trans into drive and the car went into reverse tied to move the shifter to another spot like N or D car still goes into reverse! Had to shut car down to keep it from going in reverse low voltage came on the indicator! got out of car shut door now it locks cant get back in with the fob cant open trunk car is dead cant even open the hood what's up anybody HELP! Had it towed to my garage. Tried the key in the rear bumper to open trunk and get to the manual door opener if its the white pull cord it does not open door when pulled!

Last edited:
trunk

I Think there are 2 cords in the trunk. one for the door and one for the gas lid. It should open. Have someone help if you can, apply a little pressure to the door like you are shutting it harder while you pull the cord. The transmission cable end is toast. it has been covered on here and is an easy fix. couple of hours and 25$ or less for a kit .

Stuck in reverse

Thank you I found the cable polled it and the door opened charged the battery but the car still wont start up! I think it is now in N! What would caddilac charge to fix the cable I have to have it towed there

I replaced mine two years ago. Cable cost me around 50$, so Cadillac will charge you around 100$ plus their labor. Most dealer labor goes for around 150 or so. At least 2 hours labor, or 3 if they want to stick it to you. So you're looking around 400$ or better. YMMV

Stuck in reverse

Thanks guys this was helpful I can now get a qoute

300$

My dealer quoted around 300. the part is around 90 and 1.8 hours at 110 per plus shop material tax etc. Of course they know me and know I hold their feet to the fire. haha

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom