Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Help! Cam Position Sensor Diagram!

tonypro99

Seasoned Member
My XLR/V(s)
2008 Red XLR-V
Could someone please post a diagram for the BANK 2 Camshaft Position Sensor? I need to know where it is located. Thank-you!

Tony, image enclosed.. I hope..
Note there are two sensors and are labeled..
The injector sight shield is the engine cover.. Bill

I appreciate the post too as I am getting a cam position sensor error code too. Does anyone have a source for replacement sensors?

Cam sensor..

I went to dealer and bought one before I found a thread somewhere about removing, cleaning, and reconnecting. After that I haven't had the fault come back.
So I have a spare when I really need it!

Thanks for the information. Did you use any particular brand or type of cleaner?

An aerosol electrical parts cleaner...there was a little build-up of goo on tip of sensor. That may have thrown off the sensor. Check pins for moisture or mild corrosion while you're at it.

Exhaust camshaft position sensor

Does anybody have a diagram for locations of exhaust camshaft position sensors on 2004 3.6 v6? Code is p0368 bank1 and I believe sensor b

I got a camshaft position sensor code. I am going to replace it. My question is...are there 2 sensors or just one? I am assuming one, but not certain. Any help would be appreciated. BTW...I had two codes... P0340 and P0341 codes. Sensor A, Bank 1.

I figured it out. 4 sensors. Got the right one. Appreciate all the replies..lol.

Last edited:

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back