Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Carpet Grommets - interest?

dawnst3ar

My XLR/V(s)
2006 Platinum XLR
Hey XLR peeps,

I had broken several of my carpet grommets in my 06, and looked around for a way to replace them, but had no luck. As a result, I had a friend take the needed measurements and, after a few iterations, we were able to make some new ones that are very close to the originals in size and look, with an added beneft of being based on a screw design rather than the clip design of the oriiginal.

Was wondering if there would be any interest if we were to start offering them for sale, and what the community would be willing to pay for a full set, etc. For now, we were thinking around $5 each, with discounts for multiples. (We are considering $45 for 10x)

Charles Carpet grommet.jpg

Thanks,
Dawnst3ar

Last edited:
see if they will work on the rear trunk luggage cover .They look like the same ones for it that you can buy from GM for about that cost

They work on the luggage cover, and on the floorboards - thing is, I havent been able to find a way to get them from GM.

I bought a couple for the luggage cover about a year ago. before you spend too much time making them , let me see if I have the part number and if they are still available. If not that should be a good item. I don't know about 10 of them at a time?

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom