Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Help! CD's Stuck in DVD player

XLR8

My XLR/V(s)
2005 XLR
Hi. Everyone.
:)
My son accidentally put 4 music CD's into the DVD player - Can anyone tell me how I can eject them please?

Cheers
XLR8

Moving out of the SITE HELP AND FEEDBACK forum and into the correct XLR TECH forum...

Little confused?? The DVD slot will only accept one cd. Did he 'jam' all 4 in at one time?

Hi. Everyone.
:)
My son accidentally put 4 music CD's into the DVD player - Can anyone tell me how I can eject them please?

Cheers
XLR8

Stuck CD's

Apparently he put them in one after another.

The Navigation/DVD slot will only accept one disc. Once there is one in there; whether it's a CD or DVD; it will not accept another one. Perhaps you are talking about the CD player, which will accept 6. There is an eject button to get them out. There are some who have had problems getting discs out. Do a search on here to find the thread(s) dealing with this subject.

Apparently he put them in one after another.

Hi. Cubby558.
Thanks but it is definitely the DVD slot he put them in, it's the top slot of the player.

Cheers

The DVD slot is behind the display.
The CD slot is the one in the center console below the stereo.
Regardless, if "eject" isn't working, find the 2 fuses for the stereo and remove them both for 10 minutes, then put them back in and see if that helps.

My stereo displays CD error and will not eject. It makes a noise as if the cd trying to eject, is there a way to remove the cd or should I just replace the stereo? Thanks

My CD changer did the same thing, long story short a gear in the changer broke and I replaced the unit. Do a search for "CD changer" and read my post for the whole story. Good luck.

My four disc set of The Police complete collection is safely locked away in my in-dash six, maybe never to be played or to see the light of day again. At least I don't have four CDs stacked one on top of the other in the DVD tray...

John B.

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back